Lucky

Claireg9

Visit site
Can anyone help with the re homing of Lucky?

He is a 4 y/o Bordier Collie X, He is very handsome and lives currently in Dunstable Bedfordshire.

The owner does not want paying for him as a good home is far more important.

She hand reared him herself when her female dog Lucy gave birth, Lucy was 8 and it was her first time as a mother due to a stray dog.

The reason they need to re home Lucky is because he is young and excitable and her difficult next door neighbours have complained to the environmental health officers that Lucky barks when people go to the house or he barks when he gets excited playing etc etc..

After all his a young dog and i dont think this is unreasonable, if i did not live at home id have Lucky, but my parents won't allow me too, so please if your interested PM me and i'll send you further details with a picture!

Thanks
Claire

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Can't they look at re-training him?

And unless they are in rented accomodation - tell the neighbours to get stuffed!!

Claireg9

Visit site
the environmental health have told them if he doesnt stop barking in two weeks they can slap £5000 fine on them, as when they arrived to check out the situation they pulled onto the drive and surprise surprise the dog barked! apparently the neighours tried to fine them for the telly being too loud too, at 2 am they have children and they are well asleep at 2am, they couldnt enforce that one as there was no proof though!
its so sad, the mum might need a new home too, but she's 12 so calmer and there gonna see if they can get away with it!
the dog is also fine with cats!

horsegirl

Visit site
Can't they get it one of those anti bark collars, not the electric shock ones but the ones that spray something out when the dog barks.

Zebedee

Visit site
There's nothing wrong with the electric shock ones. I borrowed one on advice from the vet for a barking dog & it worked!
It's only a tingle - not a real belt - you get worse off a static discharge from a car!

clipertyplop

Visit site
electric shock collers good idea can you get one that works on 240 volt and put it around the neighbours neck!!!!!!!
grin.gif

filly190

Visit site
I have a similar problem with my four year old doberman. She yaps at night and we are getting complaints. Trouble is she wants our other dogs to play.

Anyone out there who would like, a well trained, mannered Doberman, breeding of highest standard.

Hope you dont mind me adding to your post, these situations get quite desperate and I feel for you.