Lugs and knots in long manes - best way to deal with them

filly190

Visit site
My little yearling arab has a lovely long mane and everyday she gets knots and lugs and caked in mud. I dont want to loose hairs by tugging etc because I would like to show her in hand next year.

What methods do you all use to keep a long mane in tip top condition. Suggestions please

monica123

Visit site
i know a pony who has a very long mane - he wears a hood which covers his neck - and his face - it keeps it clean, dry and mud free
laugh.gif

magicgirl

Visit site
You best bet is to get some pig oil from a heavy horse supplier and use it on the mane. Human hair products are not always the best for manes and can leave them brittle after prolonged use.. I only wash the manes and tails when actually going to a show.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Having a 2 year old gypsy cob, I found the simple solution.

Go to this website.

http://www.tailgator.co.uk

I helped develop the mane bags but have no financial interest. The survivor detangler is also excellent for keeping tangle free.

You can also admire my Little Stinker if you like that sort of horse as he is showing how to use them.

Personally I would not be without them or the tailbag for the winter months.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Thanks for the link to that website... those mane and tail bags look fantastic - just what I need for my Andy gelding... I've been dreading keeping his mane and tail looking beautiful over the winter
smile.gif