Luhmuhlen 4*

Whispa

Visit site
I noticed that too! Can't believe they have to run her - if any horse and rider have done enough and deserve to go to the Olympics, its that pair!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I did hint at it the other day! But the reason it was entered was because she was basically told she was not going to be selected. Plans have changed and now supposedly aiming for Burghley. The chances of going to the Olympics are slim unless she has an amazing result in the 4*.

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
I did hint at it the other day! But the reason it was entered was because she was basically told she was not going to be selected. Plans have changed and now supposedly aiming for Burghley. The chances of going to the Olympics are slim unless she has an amazing result in the 4*.

[/ QUOTE ]

What like winning 2 last year!
confused.gif
I dont get it why would the chances of Brit being picked be slim?

I work with the daughter of the people that won Twemlows and Lucinda was there the other day apparently saying how if she gets picked blah blah.... so she obviously thinks she might be

ajf

Visit site
Well its all in German but some titles have english translations.
Just looked at names and scores as I really can't remember enough German (I got an A so u'd think I'd remember something!!!!)
luhmuhlen
They have all the 3 and 4* dressage results up now

Whispa

Visit site
Does seem a bit bonkers really! Before all this came up, I'd have said that Lucinda, Clayton, Andrew Hoy and Matt Ryan would be certs for the team and the final slot would go to someone else - Sam Griffiths has had good form winning Saumur, but not that sure about any other Aussie riders off the top of my head! Apologies for this!

Can't understand how winning 2 4Stars can't be enough for Lucinda and Brit to get on the team. Can't she switch back to British nationality just for this year!!!!
tongue.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I noticed that too! Can't believe they have to run her - if any horse and rider have done enough and deserve to go to the Olympics, its that pair!

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think they doubt the pair as a superb asset for the teams, but horses/things change so quickly in equestrianism and they probably need to be content of this years consistancy

Rosiefan

Visit site
Don't know much me, but surely the selectors' job is to pick a team which will win medals, end of.... Past results don't necessarily indicate current form.

Whispa

Visit site
Quick reply

But if we look at the key Aussie 3day results this year, they aren't that great are they - Sam Griffiths won Saumur, but that's about it really. (Prepares to be shot down for missing several key riders/results!!! - sorry in advance of this!!). Matt Ryan was the best of them at Badminton and he's said himself on his website thats probably not enough for the selectors!!

Anyway, on form, horses such as Brit, Ben Along Time etc are going well at CIC*** level this year - 1st and 4th at Chatsworth for example. And have proven 3day records at 4* level! Granted Andrew Hoy hasn't had a fab year so far!

If Lucinda and Andrew have top 3 finish's at Luhmuhlen thats going to make it very difficult for the selectors to ignore them!!

Will be very interesting to see who they actually do pick! It will be a real shame if some the best horses in the world aren't at the Olympics!

lifeslemons

www.eventingworldwide.com
There are some very combinations in Australia. Shane Rose, Megan Jones, Sonja Jonasson and Wendy Schaffeaur could all be selected. But I agree, forcing Lucinda to go is madness. She must be pretty convinced that a good run here will guarentee her a place.

Bubblegum

Visit site
Go Lucinda.... the Olympics need big star names like hers and Brit... already we have lost Zara, please dont say that Lucinda isnt going !!!
confused.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Since when has the Olympics actually been a 4* track? Why do theses horses need 4* records when they are only going to be jumping around an easy 3*?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
It is only since they have done short format that the xc has been stupidly easy at Olympics. It used to be a 4* competition. The Europeans are 3* but that caused enough problems so it all depends on the design and how much the going/heat takes out of the horses.

wishfulthinking

Visit site
Surprised that she has to run in the four star though was expecting her to need a run due to being spun in the first inspection at tatts. Must be something in lec's info.

Weezy

Visit site
It has been widely reported that the Olympic eventing was downgraded so it could be kept in the Olympics as an event - if it is too hard then fewer nations can participate.

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It has been widely reported that the Olympic eventing was downgraded so it could be kept in the Olympics as an event - if it is too hard then fewer nations can participate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, so why inisit in 4*s? As the Olympics is more of a dressage/SJ competion now why not choose the horse that is best at those 2 disciplines - but might only be a 3* horse when it comes to XC?