Luhmuhlen CCI**** report

Vizslak

Visit site
Well done TE and thanks for a fabulous report. I dont mind admitting the video of xc choked me a little, the bond the pair of you have shines through like nothing else, he is such an amazingly sweet horse you can see on his face how hard he is trying for you. Such an amazing result, congrats on a phenomenal first 4*. :D

Blaise

Visit site
Massive, massive congratulations on such a fab result!! :D I've really been looking forward to reading this report and really hope your success carries on into the rest of the season. Sooo pleased for you :D

smac

Visit site
Wow, what a mega horse you have! Amazing well done, and v.good report!

Hope you both have a good break!!

KatB

Visit site
FANTASTIC result, you must be so made up, ESPECIALLY as you bred him!! Loved reading the report, thank you for posting it! Look forward to seeing you eventing in the UK....

Baydale

Visit site
Nah, surely that can't be the same William I saw at Nigel Taylor's at the EHOA training? :confused: ;) :D

Very very very well done. :D You deserve every bit of the icing on that particular cake as we all know the hard graft - and often gut-wrenching disappointment - that is the journey involved in just getting to the competitions, never mind what it takes to do well once you get there.

TarrSteps

Visit site
If Baydale hasn't put a copyright on it, I'd like to tell you you're inspiring. ;)

To go that far with a horse you've produced totally yourself, without the sort of support and infrastructure many (most) riders at 4* have is a very special achievement. I'm sure you don't need us to tell you you should be proud of both yourself and William, but we'll tell you anyway.

Well done. :)

(I bet your young one is scared now - she's got some shoes to fill!)

tigers_eye

Visit site
You are all really kind to reply and all so positively! I won't lie, there are moments when you think "I don't belong here", but there was a really good vibe in the lorry park I found, and other riders were so encouraging. It's also a bit of an eye-opener seeing the management that goes on at this level. My clay and bandages and a walk in hand xc evening were definitely on the low-maintenance side!

He is thoroughly enjoying the time off so far, I will try to remember to take a camera today so you can see what a good job he's done of full body mud coverage, plus of his tongue.

Now I have no excuse not to crack on with Missy, exciting to see what she might be made of!

Re the rest of the season I'm not sure, but will probably head to Haras du Pin for the CIC*** in August, then think about if and what we do as CCI in the Autumn.

JustMe22

Visit site
Well done! Horse looks fab, and for a first 4* that's fantastic. Shame about the SJ, but to get round with the blisters is an achievement in itself. Terrifyingly massive/wide fences!!

I hope you're very proud of yourself. To have competed (successfully I might add!) at that level against all the big names is something very few people can say :)

Congrats!