luidam and handel 11 offspring

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
I have a Luidam youngster.(3) My boy has been loose jumped, and is looking VERY promising.
I actually putting another mare back to him next year.
smile.gif

Edit to add, he is in my avatar, and i'll post a pic too.

lizstuguinness

Visit site
casey your bay looks lovely.

what would you say he has got from his dad?
the one thing im uncertain about with luidam is that the pictures i have seen of his babies tend to have big shoulders but short necks. some necks are very weak.

but he does pass on good paces, yours looks like he has this too.

however none of the photos have been brilliant so i wouldnt want to judge his type based on this.

no mean feat to get short listed for olympics and after all probably would have gone, if not for the slight medical problem (cant remebr the ins ad outs, but sure they would have gone)
do you know what age is eldest are and what level they are competing at?

also cant find any picturs of luidam, do you know of a link/website etc?

burtie

Visit site
Here is my Luidam 3 year old, he is just 3 years and 1 month in this photo:

20060625_1.jpg

And as a foal:

07062003_2Large.jpg

I am very pleased with him, he also has a super temperament.

Hope that helps.

Burtie

For photo's of luidam see www.luidam.co.uk

The Voice

Visit site
I have known Handel since he was a 4 yo and had one of his first foals which is Grade A and also done a bit of eventing. As a youngster we were persuaded to show him in hand at county level (in hand hunter) and was a county champion as well as being placed in top 4 at most shows which is not bad for a 'warmblood'. Lovely horse that we will always be grateful to as he started everything we have done and taken us to places we could not have dreamt of.
I have seen a lot of the youngstock and the percentage of horses that go on to do things, with all levels of riders, not just professionals, is very good and include Alcina now ridden by Tracey Newman in major international classes and won the necomers final with Michael Whitaker, as well as Dalwhinnie who was a foxhunter finalist even though she was only about 15.hh. All the youngsters are very good looking what ever breed the mare is. Handel has a fantastic temperment in the stable and has very good manners. If you want more info, PM me

k9h

Visit site
Hiya. I use to be John Popleys home groom so use to look after Tiger (Luidam) so know him very well! John has Tiger's first off spring. Think it will now be around 7 years old. He deffinetly will have some 6yr olds out there as he went to stud in Summer 2000 & when he came home we used him on some of our own mares. You can see Tiger on Billy Twomeys' web site just google him or even Luidam. Tiger was a fiesty man he knew he was top dog at the yard & if he didn't like you then you didn't do him!! If I get a descent mare then I will be using him. He missed Olympics to a sand crack in his hoof & then he had to have a hobday op. Hope this helps you if you would like to know anymore PM me.

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
Thank you. He definately doesn't have a short neck. But his dam had a lovely neck. His super paces are from his dad as well as the jumping technique. But again, my mare was a fantastic jumper, so I guess it was a given.

Simon II, (by Luidam)is competing and doing well. He was in the H&H a few weeks ago. Just qualified for the foxhunter final I believe. They said it has taken him time to mature, and I can see my boy being the same.

I am really happy with my man, and will certainly be putting my mare in foal to him next year.

Good luck
smile.gif

lizstuguinness

Visit site
completly confused now as dont know which to use!!!

i am being drawn more towards luidam but i think it coz i knew billy really well and sort of want to support him. although we are talking 5 years ago.