Lump in front of udder?

MillionDollar

Visit site
Teazle has a large lump in front of her udder is this normal?

DSCN3654.jpg

Also do you think her udder is particularly large for 3 weeks to go? I know all mares are differnt, but her muscles are slackened and you can even see her tail bone, never seen it before.

DSCN3651.jpg

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
Do u mean a swelling from her udder going along a bit under her belly? Think that could be oedema, same in horses as humans some get it, think just need to keep eye on it unless gets really bad. I've a mare with 9 days to go, she's had a swollen,slack vulva and her tail bone showing (soft either side) and she's dropped away above her flanks and she's been like that for almost two weeks.... bag isn't visibly growing though but is big cause she's bred before, but no dripping milk and no wax.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Yes its normal. Both our mares have had it before foaling. Both our mares only really bagged up a week/10days before foaling.

Tia

Visit site
It's normal. Also with the crystals forming I think you need to be thinking about starting you foal watch!
wink.gif
grin.gif

Enfys

Visit site
I'm with Tia on this one, time to make your checks a little more frequent perhaps? The swelling looks normal, my girl had that too.
Her udder was no bigger than your photo showed, yellowish/ clear crystals and none of this waxing, and relaxing, the next thing I knew there was a foal on the ground. Not expected.

Good Luck, keep us updated please.