lump near boy bits

Marquire

Visit site
My gelding had a nasty reaction to some sheath cleaner about 4 weeks ago. He really is the most disgusting boy I've ever had and need a good cleaning every 3 months becasue he produces loads of smega which ends up all over his legs and belly- BLEUGH! Anyway I used a different brand of cleaner and the day after his sheath swelled up like a beachball. The swelling extended along his belly and it looked like two lymph vessels leading away from his sheath were also very swollen. He had 3 days of anti-inflammatories and it all went back to normal.

I've subsequently been inspecting that area closely to make sure all is well and this weeknd I noticed a lump outside his sheath, sort of on his belly, on one of these lymph vessels. I feels squishy rather than hard and the outside of the skin looks a bit dry and scaley. I'm now paranoid that this is a sarcoid.

Now he could have had this for the last 2 years since I bought him and I haven't noticed as I have been a lot closer than normal over the last month. Or this could be a remnant of the swelling caused by the sheath cleaner.

has anyone seen anything similar?

wanderer

Visit site
if it is a sarcoid and he only has one i wouldnt worry.
the occult sarcoids which if its one it sounds like that type are best left alone unless they turn fibroblast but some never change.
the problem is unless you have a good friendship with your vet and they dont put it on vet report the 12 mths treatment clock starts ticking from 1st visit and it may not need treating untill twelve months down the line when the insurance will put sarcoid exclusion.
gud luk might be nothing though