lump on spine

luie123

Visit site
Hi, I know this should probable be in vets but I though I might get more response here. My horse has a lump on his spine about 2 vertebre long. There is no heat and no tenderness. Any ideas of what it could be, or what I should do? It is not rom his saddle as it is def not touching his spine. Thanks

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Our pony had a lump on her spine but was bony, and tender so don't suppose it was the same thing. It wasn't from the saddle, although with a rider on the saddle was far more on her spine than with just the saddle. It was caused by her saddle cloth. There was a label on the centre seam and this had rolled up and was causing friction on her back. It actually took quite a while to get her right but she is now fine, albeit with a new saddle and saddlecloth. As I said don't think it is the same but might be worth checking your saddlecloth as well, or even any rugs he is wearing.

darksecret99

Visit site
A horse I knew got a haematoma (blood blister), whcih was simelar to what you describe.... and his saddle did not touch the spine, perfect fitting, but had a lumpy seam on one side of the flocking.. cant remember if it was hot or not... he had muscle spasms around the area too...

Wouldnt like to guess if that was the case with yours though - If its not gone within a day or so, call the vet (even if it doesnt seem sore)... lumps anywhere should be checked!!!