Lumps around the saddle pad area?

NicolaC

Visit site
Dora has some very strange lumps come up on both sides of her body. Last Thursday I had a lesson and sponged her down as she was very hot. About half an hour later I put her night time rug on. She was still a wet but had cooled down. I really should have left her to completly dry but was getting late. Friday evening she had come up in lots of lumps where her poly pad had been. They have gone up her neck a bit and down her side but they are not under her belly or on her bottom. I thought it might have been not washing her down enough and then putting a rug on before she had dried/cooled off enough. I have since washed her in hibiscrub but it seems to be just as bad. We have also changed her mix but that was a couple of weeks ago. We have taken her off her new food to see if that makes any difference but if not I will have to get the vet. Any Idea's as it looks horrible and I cannot do anything with her until they have gone

CBFan

Visit site
Have you washed her saddle pad in a new detergent?

It sounds like hives and if you want to avoid a vet call out, I can reccomend you giving her some piriteze (about 20 a day depending on her size) and some bute initially (one a day) and cold hosing her and keeping her cool but covered (a fly sheet is ideal) it may take a few days to go down - it has taken my boy a week but it is better than treating them with steroids which can induce laminitis...

My boy had this last week, just on one side of his body and the only thing we can conclude is that he is allergic to something in his field as it came up after he went out naked and rolled one day...