Lumpy Fetlocks!!

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
I was feeling Beaus legs today and decided that I wanted a closer look so his legs were clipped, and amongst the thick skin I have noticed lumps! Now he is not lame, no shortness of stride - well he has a choppy gait anyway but he is tracking up fine. The dont seem to hurt him, unless I really really press, but then without the lumps that would probably irritate him anyway.
They are mainly on the back legs, but there are 2 small ones on his front legs, and these have hard skin on top of them.

They are not squishy, feel more cartilige like, semi firm. He had them before, but there seems to be more and they are bigger.

Do u think it could be Windgalls??

Tempi

Visit site
lmao!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
(sorry!)

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
Lol, no its not the ergots!! I know that much - give me some credit!

Not got pics but will try and get some tomorrow. The skin is not inflamed, broken etc. just he has really thick skin.

But there are definate lumps! This pic is from last Feb, and u can kinda see it on his hind leg - the closest one in the pic:
48c4yrl.jpg

But if u compare it to this pic from June the year before you can actually see a difference in size:
42nzy2d.jpg

He does have regrowth from clipping in the 1st pic tho, u can deffo see a lump on the front of his pastern, adn now there are a few more.
They are about 5 cm long (the longest one is). he doesnt brush as when he wears his boots there arent any rub marks on them, just mud which has splattered them. He does enjoy climbing the dykes in his fields though.

It only seems to be his back legs. There were a few small lump s on his front hooves. There is not heat etc. And actually since just trimmin ghis leg yesterday the lump has gone down a bit.

The strange thing is that my friend actually commented tonight on how BIG his hooves themselves were, and as mad as this sounds, they do seem to be a bit bigger!