Lunging Videos

rachyblue

Visit site
Those of you who make these - I would appreciate knowing how you go about it?!

I'm putting my youngster up for sale, and although my second attempt wasn't too horrendous, it certainly isn't very professional looking.

So what are your top tips?

be positive

Visit site
I would prefer to see an unbroken horse loose rather than lunged in a sales video, it will be easier to see it's real movement, get more idea of it's character and if it jumps that can be shown as well.

rachyblue

Visit site
Which is all very well - I tried that first and he just kept running off to the gate when I asked him to shift himself! I just ended up with lots of video of his bottom trotting off!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
You probably need more people to help. Are you trying to handle and video at the same time. You probably need two folk to do the horse minimum and one to video, someone who can work the camera without shake and wild zooming in, and someone who can edit it well!

rachyblue

Visit site
I had a helper videoing while I lunged, but getting him to run loose is a task! He is definitely on the lazy side and not keen to exert himself, although he was a little star to lunge considering he's been off for 6 weeks!

The usual practice of chasing them with whips and plastic bags is not much use, he isn't scared of them at all. Using a lunge whip he thinks he's doing join up and hovers around trying to come in.

Are there such things as people who do this professionally?