M2M saddle eBay? Thoughts?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/291110018677

Hopefully that’s the correct link!
I’m in the process of selling loan horses stuff (he’s gone home) with the hope of at some point buying new horse a decent saddle. He’s currently “getting going” in a Wintec. I hope he will change shape a fair bit so don’t want to buy yet.
Had a look at Colne Saddlerys stock today. Little bit cringe at the prices 😳
It does of course include fitting etc and I bought my cobs saddle from them, an Ideal Impala which I like and prompted a eBay search to have a look.
Found the above, it’s way over budget but tbh I couldn’t find anything I liked within budget so something has to give 😂

What are your thoughts on this? Can it be as simple as it all sounds, Would it definitely fit? Good one to stick on the list or not?
Nb I spoke to them once a few years ago about a saddle they were selling and they are incredibly helpful and chatty.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Oh gosh! Thank you so much for that! I can’t actually read the first post in the first thread sadly but get the general jist.
These complaints are aimed at him and saddle company saddles? I’d that right?
Ideal as a brand are still worth looking at?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I always think that Ideal saddles look OK, but the two I have had twisted in a relatively short space of time.

You could always blame me or my horse, but the ones I replaced the Ideal saddles with did not twist.

I only tried a second as I thought the first must have been a one off as they have a good reputation. Then the second went the same way...

My saddler told me it is not necessarily that the tree is twisted, sometimes the leatherwork is not sited centrally or something like that. Anyway, I won't be having another!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Ok! I’ll actually check mine out. Was the twist obvious to you or did a saddler point it out? Bit worrying.
I’m thinking I’ll cross both off the list.
May have a drive over to Rimmels Saddlery. I once rode in one of their own and that was lovely so is another possibility.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
The first one it was the saddler who pointed it out, saddle was a year old. It was obvious to see once it was pointed out. The saddler was there to fit a new one as I was dissatisfied with the saddle despite not knowing quite why. It was actually a relief to know I was not imagining a problem.

The second I was looking out for. Sent it back as faulty after 6 weeks, that was the saddler who said that sometimes they have a sound tree but the leatherwork may not be equal (and it was not just the flocking he was talking about). That was a different saddler than the first one, and he took it back no issues.

I bought a second hand one (actually a few as she was a baby and has changed shape). None of the others for this horse or the last twisted, so I don't think it was me or her, and I don't travel in tack.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Maybe! Certainly would put me off though, quite understand why you no longer use them. I’d guess mines fairly old. Maybe they are one of those companies who have gone down hill a bit?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I don't hear major issues with Ideal saddles (like many brands you get what you pay for, they are far from expensive for bench made leather saddles) but as you don't know what shape the horse will be...even if you did...just find a good fitter and work with them, tell them your budget and see what they say. As a fitter I always get photos to make sure that I feel I can fit the horse, which saves wasted callouts in the vast majority of cases.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Many people have been happy with an Ideal though, maybe I was just unlucky, twice?
I've had 2 squint ideals too, one I bought new, the other was 2nd hand for another horse. With the one I bought, we could never get it to sit straight despite multiple flocking adjustments etc. It was obvious to see when it was pointed out though. The other was even more squiffy. It's a shame because I think they are quite nice neutral saddles for the most part but I would be put off another.