Made Welcome.....?

_OC_

Visit site
I have been thinking,and today with great enthusiasm greeted the new girl to our yard who has brought the only mare there from the former owner........she seems very sweet and wants to see if she will like it at the yard.........Do you, when you have a new livery arrive go and introduce yourself and have a chat or say "Hi" and wait to see how they go(I used to do the latter),but, thought I will make a real effort and while chatting, introduced her to the other girls that were there at the same time as me this morning.......I am lucky as the yard is friendly,but, have been at yards were new clients have been made to feel like outcasts(not by me I hasten to add!!!!).....PS-And I liked her even more when she told me my cob was a stunner(err,sure she was looking at the right horse!)
tongue.gif

_April_

Visit site
I think it's only polite and good manners to make people welcome.

I'm sure she will really appreciate the effort you made
smile.gif

Henmen

Visit site
My yard has a very low turnover of liveries, in fact im the first new livery they have had in 5 years!! They made me feel very welcome and where very nice, and i would be if we got another.

GinaB

Visit site
I think it was really nice of you. She's probbaly quite nervous coming to a new yard and with one of the first people she meets being so friendly probably really helped put her at ease. Hope when I eventually get my own horse and I'm looking for a yard people will be as friendly!

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
Everyone know everyone on our yard so I would always go up and introduce myself
grin.gif
its gaurenteed that if you were new on our yard people would be asking you your life story with minutes
grin.gif
But in a nice way of course
grin.gif

Chex

Visit site
There's a been a new livery at the farm for 3 weeks now and I've still not met her! If I do eventually see her I'll introduce myself, but not too impressed by her so far.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I always introduce myself and ask them how they are depending on the type of people they are. There is girl that has moved on who I rarely see and she is not very friendly when she is up either. Other than that you have to be friendly you got to remember everyone was friendly with you when you moved on. Its nice to make new friends anyway.

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
Our barn if pretty friendly like that we always introduce ourselves, ask tons of questions about their horse etc. I exchanged no's with my new 'neighbour' the day she arrived as she had to leave and was worried about him settling in and I knew I would be there all day. We have become friends now which is nice, sometimes it back fires and they take advantage but it is nice to make an effort to make people feel welcome.

Enfys

Visit site
As a basically very shy person I find being in a situation where I am meeting new people pretty scary. One or two people at a time is OK, but going onto THEIR territory (eg. an established yard/group) is downright terrifying.

What, in my case, comes across as indifference or snobbery is fear of not being accepted/acceptable. there is nothing worse than dreading going somewhere because (imagined or not) you feel you are being watched, criticised and talked about. (Of course you are, that's basic human nature isn't it?)

Horse (or any like minded) people are generally OK, I just bimble down the yard admiring horses, and, as we all know, get someone talking about their baby and away you go. I NEVER offer advice/opinions unless I'm asked for it and then tend to say "Perhaps that will work or I read/heard about this, that and the other" I actually used to find it quite un-nerving when I'd be asked what to do, very flattering but still un-nerving.

jenbleep

Visit site
definatly good manners to make new people feel welcome, as i know! i always seem to be the new girl! even if people are shy, (which can be cofused with snootiness) its nice to make the effort. imagine if it was you!

jayvee

Visit site
Ohhh have to say I'm the shy one, be it the new comer or the established.
But I come round in the end
grin.gif
And I don't mean I make peps unwelcome cos I don't, I'm just the quiet sort.
Just not much of a people person me, but when made friends I am a bloody good friend, know what I mean.

JessPickle

Visit site
yep I always do, I will always go and say hi and if I dont know the horse make some conversation about there horse what they have done etc. I normally tell them all the best hacks as well

Theresa_F

Visit site
Yes I am the peep who springs out of her stable and finds out all about who you are - I am a very friendly person and can frighten some with my rather bouncy personality and I talk the hind legs off a donkey.
smile.gif

Where I am now there are only mine, the owner and two other liveries, but I branch out to the other two small yards beside us to chat away.

I like to know who is on the yard and am always willing to help out with feeds etc in the evenings I am up.