Magnetic boots - when do you use them?

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
I recently purchased some magnetic tendon boots when Rock was lame as originally i thought it was his legs (was actually his foot). Anyway now i have some magnetic boots and i want to put them to good use but i'm not sure how or when to use them as atm hes perfectly sound and not in hard work. Im going to be competing BSJA over winter and then eventing next year. When im eventing i will put them on prob the night after an event? (is this a good idea) how should i use them over winter? After a bsja? For one night or for longer? Or should i not use them at all?? Seriously ANY tips appreciated thx

Emma123

Visit site
I have back boots for Bailey and he wears them all day. He's perfectly sound but sometimes puts his back out of place and the back person suggested him wearing these lol don't quite now how or why but seem to work!

Hard to suggest when to put them on your boy.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
A lot of people I know use them overnight when they are stabled - said to increase circulation so therefore good for horses that are stood in.
Do not use whilst exercising - but you could put them on before hand to help with warming him up.

Tempi

Visit site
bloss wears magnetic strips (from magnetic therapy) as boots can make their legs sweat and its not good for them to have on all day. with the strips you can leave them on 24/7. she has hers on al the time in her stable and just off when im riding her and when shes in her field. you can leave them on in the field, but i dont bother.

lillie07

Visit site
Its important to build them up slowly as with all magnet therapy ie start by putting them on for an hour, and gradually build it up until eventually you leave them on all night. Hope that helps

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
I use magnetic leg wraps, rather than exercise boots these days. Mainly because I do use them over night (as the above poster suggested)

My horse doesnt have any issues either, but Im a firm believer that any increased circulation should be a good thing and since the ones I have are just like thermatex leg wraps, they dont cause any harm. I -personally- wouldn't leave my horse in any other type of boots in the stable overnight... e.g. I know a couple of the magnetic product companies market brushing boots that can be left on overnight. This is just my personal opinion though.

I briefly turned out in magnetic brushing boots for a couple of weeks over summer after my horse smacked his front tendons with his back hooves while going crazy after a short spell on box rest (note there were no cuts to the tendons). The make I had, however, made his legs sweat like crazy and Im not generally a lover of turning out with boots on.

In terms of general words of advice with magnetic boots... dont use on open wounds - regardless of how they are lined and regardless of the wound size.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
I use May's on my broken leg every night
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Pasha

Visit site
I use the magnetic stable boots every night - I brought them when my boy twisted his knee in the field but have carried on using them. I was told not to leave them on for more than 12 hours, so overnight is fine.

Personally I feel that they aid circulation (he never has swellign in his legs since wearing them) and this is a good preventative measure to injury

Farasi

Visit site
hi, i use magnectic leg wraps on my boy. He wears them 6 nights a week. they def make a difference to his legs. But you should never exercise a horse in magnetic boots. the increase in circulation to the leg resulting from both the boots and exercise can cause the tendons to over heat and thus increase the risk of damage. So you are best off just using them in the stable.