Magnetic Rug Recommendations Please

millitiger

Visit site
Hi all,

Was looking to get Vinnie a Bioflow rug but seems they aren't made anymore due to cost of production so recommendations please.

He is in a 7-7'3ft rug so need a company that caters for that size!

Thank you

applestroodle

Visit site
I have an Armadillo one, if that is correctly spelt?! I have had it for years, I'm not very sure if it helps or works but I use for traveling & stabeling. I think mine is a 6'6 & it is a snug fit.

ellie_e

Visit site
Ive been looking into a magnetic rug for a few weeks, I really like the Armadillo or P.E, after having the Physio to my horse last night she said she always reccomends the FMB's, however also said you would get similar results to sewing pillow cases into a rug and putting wheat bags in it however I can not sew so thought it best to pay for it!

Charley

Visit site
I bought an FMBS one (the actual rug, not kit) and it's brilliant.
Well made, patches in all the right places which you can pick and choose from, and has helped my horse with his cold back no end.
Something to bear in mind is that the magnets hugely increase circulation meaning they stay toasty warm. The FMBS rug is a mesh rug and even in just he is often warm enough. In winter he just wore that and a poly or fleece over it and he's a thin skinned TB.

Vanha12

Visit site
Got mine on ebay for a fraction of the price - I think they are called Equine Magnetix? it's a mesh one so I travel my mare in it - I have been really pleased with the results.

millitiger

Visit site