magnetic rugs help and advise please

lizstuguinness

Visit site
any advise please on choosing a magnetic rug. seems to be a bit of a mine field.

watching two types on ebay, opions please.

item number: 130045213954
item number: 330045880445

MagicMelon

Visit site
How many magnets does the first rug have?

The second auction (equi-magnets) isnt for an actual rug - its just for some magnets. They do do rugs though but I cant see the one I got from them. I got one from them, a white mesh one (so useful in the summer too) with magnets built in along different bits (like spine, shoulder etc.). I think I paid £55. There's some "competition" magnetic rugs in their shop but they're much more pricey.

Its really up to you, I have tried the first one so cant say anything about it!

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Cheapest way (and effective) is to buy one of the magnetic rug kits on ebay an sew the velcro into a rug you already own. this way you can completely tailor the rug to the specific areas you wish your horse to have the magnets, you can then buy extra velcro and stitch into any of your rugs. Makes a completely flexible option, you can even use the magentic patches on yourself, I do and they work wonders.

merlinsquest

Visit site
Bioflow seem to do a bit of a good offer, if you get one of their rugs £400 or there abouts, and dont like it or dont get the results that you expect within a certain period of time then you can get a refund (about 80% i think)!!

Expensive to buy though :-(

Peanot

Visit site
I have the armadillo one and I got it when they were more expensive but I have seen new ones on ebay for £80. They are supposed to be very good. I only use mine to travel her in though to warm her muscles up before a competition. I originally bought the sew on magnet set off ebay and used them on Rox when she was recovering from back problems. Not sure if they worked tho. But I have had brilliant results with my back with magnets so I`m sure they work for the horses too.

Peanot

Visit site
Sorry I forgot to say that the sew on ones said that they could be washed, but don`t, as I did and they came out of their little sticky things and stuck together so I had to cut the pouches apart, and then stick them with tape and they were always sticking together after that, thats why I bought the Armadillo rug. I also bought one of the white mesh ones with a row of magnets along the spine, but this was very tight on Rox, so I only used it twice (then got armadillo), and now a friend is using it on her old horse.

Skhosu

Visit site
400 seems an awful lot to me. I was interested, but am afraid I left sharply hearing the price!
I was thinking more 60-70 quid. Beside, 80% back still means you lose £80!
But would be interested in magnetic rugs cheaper.

merlinsquest

Visit site
Have a good read up on the use of the magnets though!!

From what i understand (which isnt much) you have to check their strength and polarity (some are dual polarity and these are the better ones, I think).

Some of the cheaper ones are not as effective, but I do agree that the £400 is obscene!! I wont be getting one, but do want boots if there are any redundant ones out there???????