Maiden mare placentitis

sanchob

Visit site
I have a young maiden mare who started bagging up about a week ago she is 254 days pregnant. We had the vet out 2 days ago, she was scanned foal is alive and seems ok, she said the placenta was ok but had a few patches that were slightly thicker then what she would like to see. She advised to put her on 10ml of Regumate, anti-biotics & anti inflammatory’s and will scan again on Tuesday. Her bag is still going up and down in size, she has no other signs of anything being wrong. I just wondered if many had positive outcomes with this? And how long they carried the pregnancy for? Thank you

JJS

Visit site
I've seen some success stories on The Foaling Hub on Facebook. Might be worth joining if you're not already a member :)

TheMule

Visit site
You MUST follow the treatment protocol and make sure your vet is experienced enough to make good calls on the management. You need to also watch the mare very carefully from now on to avoid losing the foal and potentiallly the mare too- expect a red bag delivery, are you experienced enough or is she somewhere that is to deal with that?