Maintenance cost of trailer

J1993

Visit site
Looking to purchase an ifor Williams 510 with my budget of £2400. Just wondered what they cost you to keep and maintain. I can store it for free but it's the cost of servicing etc, and are you finding it is needing many parts each service. With my budget the trailer will probably be between 2002-2005.

trottingon

Visit site
Hi. I have a 505 bought from new in 2008 -the last of the old style trailers. Service at Barlows each year is approx £100. I've never needed to spend anything on it so far. This year however they mentioned some sealant required around some of the side panels, but i never got round to asking for a quote.
It is recommended tyres are replaced after around 5 years (I think?) on trailers generally, and I have mentioned this but they've said each year that because my trailer doesn't sit still for months at a time, there is still plenty of wear left in my tyres so they have recommended I haven't needed to change them yet. I'm not sure how much new tyres are?

I love my trailer, not had any problems with it in nearly 7 years

Thriller

Visit site
zero for me but then i have the knowledge/ability to be able to care for it and fix anything needing done. Only material costs if i need something.

Suechoccy

Visit site
Annual service for my 1998 model 505 is usually £100, theft insurance £70.

I'v replaced various bits on it over the 15 years I've had it though (jockeywheel, ramp springs, major overhaul of brakes, 4 tyres).

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I used to get mine serviced annually for the cost of between £100 and £200. Then added things like new tyres every so often - even if you're not using the trailer for too many miles, the rubber still corrodes so they will need to be replaced every few years.