Make sure to give your ponies

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Extra hugs today.

Popped down a friends this morning to grab something. I waited for her to arrive and unlock rather then climbing the gate like I originally said I would!

As I’m round back of the yard my poor friend comes running round crying and shouting his dead omg his dead!! She’d found her little 13 month old baby dead in his stable :(

Why didn’t I climb the gate and go in before she arrived! Would have saved her finding him herself, I’d just have then had to break the news to her!

I can’t even say he most likely didn’t suffer and just passed away, his bed was all over the place there was skid marks all across the floor so he would have suffered upon finally dying whatever happened! He’d been under the weather and under the vet since Monday but not so poorly we ever expected this :(

What a way for my poor friend to start her Christmas!.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
You poor things!

What a dreadful thing to happen at any time but especially today.
TBH if you had gone in first, she would still have had to see him to believe it, I imagine. I am so sorry.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Thanks everyone, he was only 13 months old.

It’s just t a case of waiting upon someone with a digger now to be able to come down dig a hole so his able to be buried poor chap :( which isn’t easy at this time of year!

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Thank you everyone for the kind words.

He was collected today by Cherry Tree Pet Crem after not being able to get a digger! As awful as this might be to say or for anyone to read I apologise, by he didn’t smell as much as I expected after two and 1/2 days of lying there after passing!

The only odd thing was he had a lot of white foam that had leaked from his nose!! None of the things I was warned about happening to the body had happened!

His now totally at peace bless his heart.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Hugs for both of you, this is so, so terrible, I hope you're okay OP xxxx

Im ok thank you, have lost four of my own over the years, and also do hold horses for their owners if they can’t do so at the end but still effects you no matter how many times you go through it. I couldn’t and wouldn’t have let my friend do this today all alone xx

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Extra hugs today.

Popped down a friends this morning to grab something. I waited for her to arrive and unlock rather then climbing the gate like I originally said I would!

As I’m round back of the yard my poor friend comes running round crying and shouting his dead omg his dead!! She’d found her little 13 month old baby dead in his stable :(

Why didn’t I climb the gate and go in before she arrived! Would have saved her finding him herself, I’d just have then had to break the news to her!

I can’t even say he most likely didn’t suffer and just passed away, his bed was all over the place there was skid marks all across the floor so he would have suffered upon finally dying whatever happened! He’d been under the weather and under the vet since Monday but not so poorly we ever expected this :(

What a way for my poor friend to start her Christmas!.
Poor little baby - so young - so devastating. Don't beat yourself up you had no way of knowing.

There is never a good time to find a horse in distress or ill or * the other* but Christmas time it is worse and you are full off happiness and enjoyment and then the rug gets kicked out from under you. Just be there for your friend as I am sure you and her family will be.

RIP little baby :(

Visit site
Im ok thank you, have lost four of my own over the years, and also do hold horses for their owners if they can’t do so at the end but still effects you no matter how many times you go through it. I couldn’t and wouldn’t have let my friend do this today all alone xx

Yeah I can imagine it's not the sort of thing that ever becomes "easy" - particularly with something so young - so big big hugs x