Makes the eventers grand prix look like a walk in the park...!

truffles

Visit site
Bl**dy hell! That really IS big!
I do like the hill thingy though..looks fun!!
cool.gif
cool.gif

allijudd

Visit site
why do they make it look so easy...if i attempted to jump higher (which roman is capable of!) i just follow through and hit the deck!......

hussar

Visit site
I think from a glimpse of one of the ringside banners that it's La Baule on the Atlantic coast of France - this is what Wikipedia says about it:

The Grand Prix de la Baule was a Grand Prix motor racing event held here during the 1930s. Today, the Grand Prix de la Ville de La Baule is a prestigious equestrian show jumping competition that is part of the international Equestrian Nations Cup series.

amage

Visit site
i'm 99.9% certain its the La Baule Derby in france. a 1.50 to 1.60 track though its not considered one of the more difficult derbys

SJFAN

Visit site
The Derby at La Baule is a long established speed class with a maximum height of 1.50. The winners this year, Michel Hecart and That's Life (shown in the video) won 15,000 euros.
For a look at another CSIO Derby go to: www.lummen-horses.be/jumping_eng/csio/csio.html The whole class is shown - this one is longer and is up to 1.60. Like the Hickstead Derby this one is decided by a jump-off if there is equality of faults in the first round.