Making/Buying Rosettes..

SamanthaUK

Visit site
I don't want to sound really cheap but does anyone know a quick, easy and not expensive way to get rosettes. I am thinking of holding a pantomine horse show and need rosettes. The ones on ebay are really naff and the good ones are expensive.

The show is to raise money for charities. Can anyone help with the rosette situation? Thanks!

E_Lister

Visit site
I made some lovely rosettes-
100_5099.jpg

From experience though, it is better, faster and cheaper to buy them from the professionals! I did everything, from pleating the ribbon to glueing it all down and attatching the pins at the back! It took me about 3 days overall to do everything for four... I was learning on the job though!

(if you decide to make them, some advice - DON'T use satin ribbon, on mine, the pink was satin and the other was matte and a bit stiffer, it held the pleats better and was 100% easier to deal with!)

ps. sorry the pic is massive!

SamanthaUK

Visit site
I made some lovely rosettes-
100_5099.jpg

From experience though, it is better, faster and cheaper to buy them from the professionals! I did everything, from pleating the ribbon to glueing it all down and attatching the pins at the back!

(if you decide to make them, some advice - DON'T use satin ribbon, on mine, the pink was satin and the other was matte and a bit stiffer, it held the pleats better and was 100% easier to deal with!)

ps. sorry the pic is massive!

Aww they are lovely :)! I think i'd get bored if I was making them. I have a low attention span. Haha! :D

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Also, sometimes if you are doing it for a good cause then if you give the rosette makers good publicity they will sometimes throw a bog standard rosette in for free, so consider that too :)

SamanthaUK

Visit site
Also, sometimes if you are doing it for a good cause then if you give the rosette makers good publicity they will sometimes throw a bog standard rosette in for free, so consider that too :)

Sounds fab! I'm asking around anyway. Thinking of doing a few events.
Fancy Dress, Showjumping, Pony club games, dressage and best in show. :D

Maybe more if I think of some more. :D

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
Lol I made them in between revising for a contract law exam... in the grand scheme of things, making them was quite exciting!

I did work avoidance for my legal exams too! contract law was so boring, my only answers were... if it's not in the contract then ask a solicitor for advice, and... you can't contract for something that's illegal- a highwayman tried it once.... urgh!

E_Lister

Visit site
I did work avoidance for my legal exams too! contract law was so boring, my only answers were... if it's not in the contract then ask a solicitor for advice, and... you can't contract for something that's illegal- a highwayman tried it once.... urgh!

It was dull- pink, purple and cream ribbon, a glue gun, a gold pen, a sewing machine and some fancy looking card were not... go figure!! The little girls I made them for have them hanging in their bedrroms, they are incredibly proud of them!!

SamanthaUK

Visit site
It was dull- pink, purple and cream ribbon, a glue gun, a gold pen, a sewing machine and some fancy looking card were not... go figure!! The little girls I made them for have them hanging in their bedrroms, they are incredibly proud of them!!

Aww bless them :D I love it when little children get rosettes and they're like 'WOW, Wooo!' hehe! I hope to see some kiddies riding at this show of mine. :)

rhino

Visit site
What charity/charities is it for?

I have a couple of sets of 1-6th rosettes which were surplus, could send them down to you if they would be any use?

Otherwise you could ask around if anyone had (old) rosettes hanging about they don't need, you could always add new centres/backs easily. Obviously you would end up with a bit of a mix of types but as it is for charity I don't think anyone would mind :)

Or you could look and see if any local businesses would be willing to sponsor a class - I have always managed to arrange sponsorship for RC stuff :D

SamanthaUK

Visit site
What charity/charities is it for?

I have a couple of sets of 1-6th rosettes which were surplus, could send them down to you if they would be any use?

Otherwise you could ask around if anyone had (old) rosettes hanging about they don't need, you could always add new centres/backs easily. Obviously you would end up with a bit of a mix of types but as it is for charity I don't think anyone would mind :)

Or you could look and see if any local businesses would be willing to sponsor a class - I have always managed to arrange sponsorship for RC stuff :D

Mostly for redwings horse charity as that's the charity I decided to raise money for. Rhino, if you could that would be absolutely fantastic. Honestly it would! :DX

rhino

Visit site
Mostly for redwings horse charity as that's the charity I decided to raise money for. Rhino, if you could that would be absolutely fantastic. Honestly it would! :DX

Ok, Redwings is a charity I'm happy to support. PM me you address and I will look them out and chuck them in the post :)

jens

Visit site
I have a rosette making business and to be honest, without your own equipment it would be difficult for the average person to make a decent rosette.

Most rosette companies have a large selection of rosettes and will cater to your every need. For example, my prices start at 70p for a 1 tier rosette (that is a complete rosette, no hidden extras like some places), and go all the way up to £7-8 for a massive special one.

I would approach various rosette companies and discuss your needs. A lot of firms will offer discounts for large or bulk orders. I offer a 5% dicount for orders over £100 which can offer a big saving for things like the local pony club when they order a years worth of rosettes at once.

Alternatively, you could look in to suppliers of rosette parts (pre-pleated ribbon, centres, backs etc..), get yourself a glue gun and get started on your own!