Making dreams a reality

Leg_end

Visit site
Bit of background for those who don't know our story but almost two years ago Buddy went lame and was later diagnosed with navicular and given a very poor prognosis. After trying conventional treatment (which didn't work) I decided to send him to Rockley Farm for barefoot rehab. He was sound within 8 weeks and I have had him home without any drama since Feb 13.

I have been working hard to get us both ready for our eventing debut and I am delighted to say we managed it yesterday :D The conditions were less than ideal with torrential rain and thunderstorms during the majority of our ridden work but we completed. I set out to do better than a 50 dressage, less than 16 faults SJ and to get through the finish XC which we managed!!

Full story, pictures and videos are on our blog:
http://buddysbarefootadventure.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/turning-dreams-into-reality.html

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Fab report! So pleased you had a good day, although weather sounds awful.

Can only hope I can do the same with my bf boy at some point :)

Leg_end

Visit site
Awesome update. So happy for you :)

Thanks - still grinning like a loony :D

Thats fabulous :) so good to hear a positive outcome - I am a big fan of Rockley

Me too - we definitely have had a few people who thought I was bonkers and that we couldn't do it but the proof is in the pudding and if we can event in those conditions then we can do it anytime :D

Fab report! So pleased you had a good day, although weather sounds awful.

Can only hope I can do the same with my bf boy at some point :)

It was beyond grim - I can never be called a fair weather rider ;) I am sure you will get there - the journey may not be easy but it's so worth the end achievement. I'm so chuffed :)

Supanova

Visit site
Fabulous news!! Really pleased to hear of your success. I am just taking my horse's shoes off after being unable to get her sound so its inspiring to read your story.

Kikke

Visit site
What a lovely report! well done to both or you! I loved the headcam. you can sometime see him jump and look between his legs while jumpin saying " ok mum I'll jump but just want to make sure it's not going to kill me in the meantime!" :D
where was it at or did I not read properly?

kassieg

Visit site
that is such amazing news !!!

I really wish they had been up & running when my old mare got navicular as I really thinking they would have worked wonders with her !

long may the good reports continue ! :)

Leg_end

Visit site
YAY :) So glad it has all worked out for you both. Here hoing for many more similar reports (though perhaps with better weather).

Thank you - we have two more booked in with the next in a couple of weeks :) Hope the weather is much better - I am not a fair weather rider by any means but that was totally ridiculous!

Fabulous news!! Really pleased to hear of your success. I am just taking my horse's shoes off after being unable to get her sound so its inspiring to read your story.

All the best of luck - it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth the effort to try and you've got nothing to lose :D

Brilliant, just brilliant ��

:D :D

What a lovely report! well done to both or you! I loved the headcam. you can sometime see him jump and look between his legs while jumpin saying " ok mum I'll jump but just want to make sure it's not going to kill me in the meantime!" :D
where was it at or did I not read properly?

Thank you - yes he was a bit green but understandable given the horrendous conditions ;) It was at Wheatland Farm.

that is such amazing news !!!

I really wish they had been up & running when my old mare got navicular as I really thinking they would have worked wonders with her !

long may the good reports continue ! :)

Thank you. I am very lucky that I heard about Rockley, I dread to think where we would be if we hadn't :(