Making your own saddle cloths

PingPongPony

Visit site
Hi all :)
Was wondering whether anyone has had a go at making their own saddle cloths? I'm waiting for a delivery of some anti pil fleece fabric, to make my own bandages, as I have a strange colour saddle cloth and couldn't find any ready made ones. The problem is, that there will be quite a lot of spare fleece left over, and I don't need 3 or 4 sets of the same colour bandages, so I was thinking of making a saddle cloth and another set of bandages and maybe giving it to a friend as a pressie? I just don't know how practical fleece saddle cloths are, and whether they look nice or not?
Any suggestions welcome :)
And any photos of fleece saddle cloths on your neddies would be lovely! :)

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I don't know about saddle pads, but If you feel like making saddle covers- I'm in dire need! :D

Seriously though, saddle covers, neck warmers, tail guards are all pretty easy to make in fleece is imagine!?

tinap

Visit site

PingPongPony

Visit site
I may just have to buy proper cotton fabric then and have a go. First on my list though is a sewing machine as me thinks it'll be pretty hard to sew it all by hand :) I just don't know what to do with the spare fleece that i'll have. I will have 3m x 1m of spare fleece after making my bandages and I don't want to waste it :(
ETA: I have no use for saddle covers as I have the total contact saddle, so a saddle cover would be pointless to make :)

tinap

Visit site
It would work out cheaper as cotton inst cheap (a thing I've recently discovered!) Ebay is your friend for cotton fabric :) there's a few good, reasonably priced sellers/shops on there. xx