Male riding clothing

All

Visit site
New ish rider looking for tips on clothing eg what to wear with breaches or Jods eg shirt’s

I am a man
I have no style sense

first photo is cavallo donan dark walnut with toggi calgary boots

second photo is cavallo dolino dark blue? With qhp Hugo boots AC995951-E406-41D3-8B93-408FD1FC9467.jpeg57824C94-42CE-4DE4-8B6D-CB79D4E054F4.jpeg

ponynutz

Visit site
I like the blue especially, but both are nice and at the end of the day as long as you're smart it doesn't really matter just enjoy riding. Oh, and welcome to the community it's a fab sport :)

Cowpony

Visit site
They are going to get covered in mud/poo/half digested grass etc. Who cares what colour they start off, unless you are competing! The horse won't and if you're riding properly neither will you 😀

thommackintosh

Visit site
Anything dark, unless you're showing. Brown breeches hide a myriad of filth, which is handy if you need to nip to the shops on the way home from the yard.
I'm also quite envious, I've fancied a pair of calgary boots for a while and can't find men's anywhere. Can I ask where you found them?
Oh, and that's another peril of the male rider, be prepared to do a lot of searching (particularly at sale time) there's at least 4x as many options for women.

Kat

Visit site
Yep Kramer have about the best selection of men's riding wear at the moment and their catalogue shows it all put together as outfits if that helps.

My DH wears mountain horse long boots, ancient gorringe jodhs because he can't find any new ones he likes, and just a normal polo shirt. Plus a waterproof coat, fleece or padded gilet as appropriate for the weather. Thermals in winter.

All

Visit site
Anything dark, unless you're showing. Brown breeches hide a myriad of filth, which is handy if you need to nip to the shops on the way home from the yard.
I'm also quite envious, I've fancied a pair of calgary boots for a while and can't find men's anywhere. Can I ask where you found them?
Oh, and that's another peril of the male rider, be prepared to do a lot of searching (particularly at sale time) there's at least 4x as many options for women.
I don’t know if they make male calgary boots the women’s only go up size 9 they fit me I am size 10

pansymouse

Visit site
Choose a colour that best conceals mud and horse dirt.; mid brown is option in my experience. Avoid very dark colours as well as very pale - black is an absolute bugger for showing every dusty mark going. However I am effortlessly tatty so my advice may not be the best!

dogatemysalad

Visit site
If you have to drag the horse out of the field and scrape the mud off before riding, then sludge colours are best.
If you are fortunate enough to have a groomed and tacked up horse presented to you before riding, then a white top, cream breeches and shiny, shiny boots would be perfect.
Seriously though, you look fine in either. My husband wears whatever he was doing DIY in. The shame.

Skib

sites.google.com
My OH was never smart. His first leson he wore his city walking shoes and grey trousers. Later he bought Wrangler jeans. One can see that some male trainers wear jeans to ride. I have now ridden for about 18 years but the niceties of riding attire contiue to perplex me. Be comfortably, stay warm and dry. That is it.

outinthefens88

Visit site
As a male rider - unless competing that day I must say I don't give a stuff!

Never cared much (or had the budget for) big brand names - best breeches I have are some Shires ones bought cheap in a discount sale. Everyday ones have often come from Aldi or the various clearances 'warehouses' on the internet. This time of year everything ends up filth covered by the end of the day anyway.

I don't get on with long boots, so its jodphur boots and chaps ( of which i have several sets in varying degrees of tattyness).