Management of arthritis

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Well speaking personally, definitely yes. Helps to maintain the joints. There is no way I would give up taking joint supplements myself. I know how much they have helped over the years and I see no point in letting my joints get worse just because I am taking painkillers.
Joint supplements aren't pain relief as such, only in that they support the joints, pain killers only mask the pain.

ThreeWBs

Visit site
I know it's poo-pooed a lot as an 'alternative medicine', but I put my old boy on turmeric. He has chronic low ringbone and coffin joint arthritis and danilon just wasn't helping. I tried turmeric and I think it took about 3-4 weeks to work, but now, 6 years later, he's still pretty sound and his physio is very impressed with his range of movement, considering his grade of arthritis. Even now, at the age of 28, he still charges round the field like an idiot!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think joint supplements are marketing no more :p

I used boswellia previously with good effect, but when it was not making a sufficient difference he went onto bute and I stopped the boswellia as they are both processed in the liver.

Polos Mum

Visit site
I am not a believer in fluffy things but mine definitely was more comfortable when he'd been wearing the magnet boots, maybe keeping warmer in the leg or who knows but I could feel when he'd not had it on for a few days - his was hock arthritis and just normal brushing boot with magnet (not near the actual issue)

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
For myself I take glucosamine with added chondroitin and I also take Omega 3. Started the glucosamine back in the 90's when my hands started to get painful. Even now they aren't bad and considering what sort of abuse they have had over the years I am well pleased. I definitely wouldn't stop taking it.