Mane pulling alternative

Kelly2016

Visit site
Hi,

My geldings mane is getting unruly and needs trimmed and thinned however he hates having his mane pulled. Does anyone have any tips to get the "pulled" look without actually pulling for both mane and tail?

Also, I would greatly appreciate any tips to get his white bits white again once the warmer weather returns. After a very muddy winter and only a cold water hose, he is very stained, and no amount of brushing has managed to shift it haha

Damnation

Visit site
Hi,

My geldings mane is getting unruly and needs trimmed and thinned however he hates having his mane pulled. Does anyone have any tips to get the "pulled" look without actually pulling for both mane and tail?

Also, I would greatly appreciate any tips to get his white bits white again once the warmer weather returns. After a very muddy winter and only a cold water hose, he is very stained, and no amount of brushing has managed to shift it haha

My mare hates her mane being pulled. I backcomb it as if I am going to pull it but I cut it with scissors. So back comb and cut instead of back comb and pull.

It looks natural, not like those strange SJ'er cut manes!

Follysmum

Visit site
Mine hate having their manes pulled so I use the mane rake, it thins out really well and trim the ends also.

nikkimariet

Visit site
I scissor trim only as like a full, thick mane.

Cut from wither to ears direction wise, then when you're happy with length, cut up into the hair to soften the edge.