Mane Pulling.........

Sparklet

Visit site
.............banned in Europe
shocked.gif

I reknown dressage trainer told me that mane pulling had been banned on the continent because it was considered to be cruel. I cant find any links but if the info is true the legislation is quite likely to make its way to the UK.

Could be heading for some pretty big plaits in the future!!

Sparklet

Visit site
The rider in quetion was an FEI rider and quite plausable, though I can quite see how you can smirk.
grin.gif

Would you really put anything past Europe though?

Sparklet

Visit site
I suspect they will appoint European Mane Pulling Inspectors.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Ok I know it doesnt sound sensible but that is what she said....has anyone heard anything about it?

Sparklet

Visit site
You mean bunch.....I shall bump this thread the day the legislation comes in and will laugh manically.
grin.gif

To be honest I have heard nothing except what the rider said. She also spoke about the research that had been carried out on horses to determine the effect that plaiting up has one them...but I am not going to tell you about that because you will all start sniggering again.
grin.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
I'm not offended - having a giggle here myself.

Seeing you have bent my arm I will tell you what she said about the research.

Several horses that were to be PTS were plaited up for differing time periods. They were then PTS and the hair and toxins in the body were analysed to see what the difference was.

I must admit I had a mental picture of these poor horses thinking they were going to a show........well maybe they went happy.

Now stop it ...... I can hear the laughing from here.
grin.gif

the watcher

Visit site
but check this out..already illegal in Ohio
shocked.gif

959.14 HORSE TAILS

No owner or person having the custody, control, or possession of a horse, mare, gelding, foal, or filly, nor an agent or employee of such owner or custodian, shall cut off or cause to be cut off or amputated the skin, flesh, muscles, bone, or integuments of the dock or tail thereof, in order to shorten its natural length or proportions; nor shall any such owner, person, or the agent or employee of either pull out the hairs of the foretop, mane, or withers thereof. This section does not prohibit the cutting or amputation of the dock or tail of a horse, mare, gelding, foal, or filly when necessary because of accident, malformation, or disease affecting such dock or tail.

(1953 H 1, eff. 10-1-53; GC 13377)

lorenababbit

Visit site
the way some people pull manes they should be banned!! How much do i hate a badly pulled mane. this is mainly because we have just aquired a new pone from a leading rider and the mane is so short it stands on ends and even worse there is a two inch bridle path behind where the bridle actually sits. i am sorry but bridle paths are the work of people who cannot lay a mane or put on a bridle properly and look awful. quite how i am going to make this creature presentable this weekend is beyond me.

Sparklet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
......i am sorry but bridle paths are the work of people who cannot lay a mane or put on a bridle properly and look awful........

[/ QUOTE ]
cough, cough
blush.gif
....erm really?

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
......i am sorry but bridle paths are the work of people who cannot lay a mane or put on a bridle properly and look awful........

[/ QUOTE ]
cough, cough
blush.gif
....erm really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i'm fairly certain i can put a bridle on properly.......sooooo.......how do you lay a mane again
tongue.gif

shadowboy

Visit site
Really? mine has a bridle path because he has one of those padded headbands which is so thicK! I prefer bridle paths as long as maintained.
blush.gif
crazy.gif

HBII

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You rang?!

lorenababbit

Visit site
horses with thick manes might have an excuse as long as it is no wider than the bridle and right behind the ears where the bridle goes. As far as i am concerned, if you can see the thing when the bridle is on, then there is no excuse for that no matter how the horses mane is. and dont mantion badly pulled tails or i will really be off on one.....