Mane pulling

Mari

Visit site
Don’t do big chunks at a time. Take a little, back comb, then cut & comb out. I choose a section between the withers & half way to decide how much I want to take off / leave & work up towards ears from there then finish by working down to withers. Do lots of combing out.

NooNoo59

Visit site
I use the solo rake to thin, trim with scissors and then solo comb to tidy up and make it look less bowl cut-ish.
What size rake do you use, dont want to take too much out as he is a native but need it to look more in control! have started doing the shortening with scissors but also want to thin

outdoor girl

Visit site
I use a medium rake and use it from the opposite side the mane lies on so I don't get new mane growing on the top of the mane. Once I've got the mane as thin as I want it, I brush it back to the side it lies on and then use an old clipper blade (think its the leg plate I use) to shorten it. I back comb a small section with the blade and then sort of "chop" the end of the hair, while I'm holding it, with the blade so it cuts the hair. Not sure if my description is any good, but it works for me!!

LiquidMetal

Visit site
The Solorake has differently spaced teeth on either side so gives you 2 options. I use the wider teeth first until they won’t really grab more hair then flip over to narrower side. I think it would be almost impossible to over thin with it. Once the mane gets to a reasonable thickness, it doesn’t really remove a lot of hair.