Manor Farm BSJA - demons partially exorcised...

kit279

Visit site
The last few times that I've been showjumping at Manor Farm, everything just went wrong. Chestnut got eliminated before we'd even jumped a fence, grey horse managed to get loose from the box, chestnut pulled a shoe off, forgot the course, saddle rack exploded in car boot etc.. So with some trepidation, I took the chestnut showjumping this morning.

We did a clear round then the baby BSJA class - Pip is green and I am nervous so nothing too exciting for either of us, please. Had a couple of hesitant jumps in the clear round so gave him a smack and also myself for good measure to remind me to 'be an eagle not a budgie' in the words of the OH. By the time we came to jump the class, Pip had managed to get his brain cell (singular) around the concept and took me round beautifully. In fact, he got a wee bit lazy towards the end and tipped a pole at the double - which was a bit annoying as he'd have made a lot more effort over a bigger fence. However, since I was just really happy to finish and I was doing a Wizard-of-Oz-style "I'M MELTING" under my tweed jacket, I decided to finish on a good note and not do any more with him. He can go bigger next time as he felt great, like he knew his job. Am I allowed to say *finally* ?!!

Crap photos (the only ones where I couldn't be mistaken for a duff pixel
mad.gif
)

ManorFarm2.jpg

ManorFarm.jpg

Yes, it's not very exciting but he's green, he's had a hard life before he came to me and his ambition in life is to be an obese lawn mower so I am chuffed with him. Fat old thing got a whole tube of Polos and thought he'd died and gone to heaven.
grin.gif
grin.gif

catembi

Visit site
Hello... was wondering if you'd gone today as I had a quick walk round the car park & didn't see you, but we did BN & disco, so must have missed you.

Well done...are you going next week?

seabiscuit

Visit site
Well done!! Thats great- Pip just needs to get the hang of it.
PMSL at Tahl tho- ' be an eagle not a budgie'.... HOW rude?!

Did Grey boy do any jumping today?

Baydale

Visit site
That was a good day then and you obviously coped well with your nerves. Love the eagle/budgie saying - I take it he ws there as your trainer and gave you plenty of handy hints...
tongue.gif

What did you think of the surface? I went there last year when it was newly down and it seemed ok but catembi's report made me think it's not so good now. Don't want to take HH there if not.
frown.gif

Fiona

Visit site
Well done Pip (is he the ex polo pony)??

Well done you for competing anywhere on such a scorching day
smile.gif
. It was as much as we could do to take our two out for a hack.

Fiona

kit279

Visit site
O_B - I think Tahl was a bit surprised at how well Pip went actually, he was sort of struck dumb when I got out of the ring! We didn't take the grey boy in the end because they scream for each other and if in earshot, it makes the other one nap horribly so decided that since I was the more 'remedial' case, we would take Pip instead.

Baydale - I dunno about handy.. He was like a verrrry annoying little conscience sitting on my shoulder nagging me to sit up, kick on etc. I went first thing in the morning so thought the surface rode well, it wasn't deep at all and horse felt very sprightly on it. However, we did manage to pilfer quite a bit of the fibre stuff which stuck to all Pip's booties so maybe after 40-odd horses, it was a bit lacking..??! It was a bit mental today when I was leaving - obviously very busy at the weekend. I made a mental note to go during the week when it's quieter as the warm up was bonkers.

Baydale

Visit site
Ah, so you stole the surface did you?
smirk.gif
I won't tell anyone, don't worry. Let me know when you're going to be there on a weekday and me and my crutches will meet you there.
grin.gif

Bubblegum

Visit site
Very well done. Nice report
smile.gif
Nerves are a horrible thing when competing... so congratulations & look forward to hearing about your next outing.