Mare foaled a beautiful filly this morning

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
What a day.

Day 337 maiden mare, foalwatch kit was 175ppm last night, checked her this morning at 6.15 before I left for work, all was well. Got to work at 9.15 and no sooner had I got through the door my husband rang to say he'd just gone out to check horses in the fields and all 5 were fine (I only had 4 this morning), foal was up & feeding!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.

It took me 3 hours to get home from work and it was the longest train journey ever, spent the whole time giving instructions to hubby over the phone, phoning vet, etc.

Got home to see my beautiful little girl, vet came out & checked both over. All is well for which I am truely thankful. My mare has been an angel today & I am so proud of her doing it all by herself & coping extremely well (not that it was supposed to have happened that way).

Here are some pics, foal is by Future Illusion out of my Lord David S mare:

P1010086.jpg

P1010087.jpg

P1010097-1.jpg

P1010098.jpg

P1010077.jpg

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
She's lovely.
I didn't know anything about this stallion until I looked at some vids of him jumping on the site earlier this week, and was incredibly impressed. It shows him going XC schooling for the first time and he is amazing, popped absolutely everything out of his stride and calm as a cucumber. I think if he carries on like that we'll hear a lot more about him in the future. (and I'm not actually a huge fan of that breed so you can tell he was good
grin.gif
)
What a super mare too.
Ours sometimes foal on their own, it isn't planned but it happens, and it's rare for them to have trouble, being outside they can walk round and it does seem to help them.

Thistle

Visit site
Wow! What a set of ears - def an Opposition trait inherited through his sire!

That is going to be a super foal and I'll be interested in watching her progress as FI is top of my list for the event pony mare next year.

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Thank you everyone.

I have to agree with Magic104 the website is fabulous, very informative, one of the best websites I know.

On a personal level I would like to sincerely thank Julia at FSH, it wasn't just a case of pay the fee for use of the stallion, Julia has given me so much help and advice over this last year I can't thank her enough. She is totally professional but very approachable and friendly which I think you need to be in business and has put my mind at rest on so many occasions. So a big thank you to you Julia.

andreo

Visit site
Hi congrats to you both I am the lady with 7 weeks to go by Future Illustion, both look fab. Even more excited now waiting for my mare.