Mares and my 1st foal

Tribal

Visit site
This is our first time being parents and we will never do it again. Too stressfull and scary. My mare has not forgiven me yet for putting her through it either
crazy.gif

But I am delighted with our new baby boy and he is a keeper.
I hope you like him too.

He doesnt have a stable name yet, but we want to register him as Independant Gold.

Dam: Jarlsberg's Gold (BWB) by Catherston Gold storm
Sire: Independant Congressman (TB/DWB)

[image]
100_0582.jpg
[/image]
[image]
100_0585.jpg
[/image]

Tribal

Visit site
Thank you.

I'm not sure what colour he will end up though. His mum is a bay, but not a red bay and his dad is black. His coat looks almost Dunny with black across his back!
So I wont be registering him until I know.

KarynK

Visit site
He's lovely and must have been worth the effort! Just sitting in the paddock waiting for a second generation! It's mum seems uninterested in getting on with it, but it's better than sitting in front of the telly!

My guess would be that he is a Black and Tan and with his dad being black I would hazzard a guess that he will be almost black when he is older, with a hint of brown or tan around hiz muzzle and probably around his elbow and stifle.

hoggedmane

Visit site
He's gorgeous.

I don't usually comment on spelling but as you are going to put it on his docs...
(You might want to check the spelling of independent before you register him!)

Tribal

Visit site
I'm glad you mentioned the spelling because I've just double checked the stallion brochure that Ive got and it is spelt 'Independant' but on thier website its spelt 'Independent'. So I will ring them and find out which one is right.

Tribal

Visit site
Oooh I hope so. I love the colour of your Buzz. His dad is 17hh and his mum is nearly 16.3hh so he should be quite striking if his colour stays. Fingers crossed.