Mares in season help?!?

as sweet as hunni

Visit site
So it's hell for mare owners right now! Well, for me it is! So hunni is having oestress and moody mare but isn't taking effect :/ she will buck in canter, take off with me and rear and barge me when a mare come on the yard ! She has had the marble fitted yesterday but seems grumpy today, is this normal? Also how long untill it takes effect ? Thank you :D

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
If she's in season when the marble is 'fitted' (and best it is done then when the cervix is open) you can't expect to see any improvement for about 21 days. The marble SHOULD fool her into thinking she's pregnant so she won't come back into season next time round (it doesn't work on all mares!)

GypsyGirl

Visit site
My mare is a nightmare in season, always struggles with hers or shall I say I have a bucking broncing tb mare.. I put this on a different forum and I have been recommended global herbs frisky mare, so im going to try this on my one

lhotse

Visit site
My last (chestnut) mare had about as many hormones as a castrated mule. Even when I sent her to stud she wasn't interested! My new mare of two weeks seems to be a bit different. Yesterday she had a paddy in the field, reared and then shut up. Today she had a paddy in the same place but didn't get a chance to rear as we just concentrated on keeping the forward or lateral motion. This is in complete contrast to thursday when she was a calm, relaxed little horse. After her paddys, she then gets on with the job in hand without any fuss. She has also been weeing almost as soon as we set off. Her udder was a bit swollen last week too, and has now gone down, I believe this is a sign too, and she's been ratty to take out to the field. Oh joy!!!

Why didn't I just buy a gelding!!!