Mares Tails

Claireg9

Visit site
Has anyone had a major problem with the poisonous weed mares tail?
At our yard we seem to have loads, mainly on the perimeter of the fences, i have asked the Y/O to put weed killer on it but im sure they havent, the most they did was turn the earth an now its all grown through again?

Is there anything i can do to get rid of it? And how should i go about telling the Y/O again, in such a way they might actually get rid of them?

Im worried as they are highly poisonous!
Thanks Claire

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
We have Mares Tails along with bracken and various other poisonous plants whos names escape me on our fence line too. YO weed killed last year but it was back again this year. YO will weed kill again shortly, but in the mean time I have been pulling it where my horse can get at it. Not sure how dangerous it is, but don't really want to find out, as assume poison has an accumulative effect like Ragwort.
frown.gif

BaileyBoots

Visit site
We have some on the areas around the farm. We spray with either Grazon90 or Agritox and that seems to kill it for the year. To really get rid of it you would need to break the steam and paint on roundup. It's a pain in the a$$ of a weed but that is why its been around for millions of years
frown.gif

good luck getting rid of it !!