Mark Todd Summer Combo Fly/UV Rug

Queenbee

Visit site
No I haven't but I like MT rugs so would probably order MT if I wanted one. Beware of discount equestrian though, there is a thread running in NL, most peoples experience is that they pay their money and get no communication, no product and a load of hassle trying to get a refund

ihatework

Visit site
I have purchased that rug this year as a replacement to a torn weatherbeeta kool coat airflow.

The MT is a much thinner, more lightweight material, probably more like a light linen consistency (although obviously not linen!) compared to the very thick cotton of the kool coat.

For the purpose of what I want, to prevent coat bleaching, protect from flies, and reflect sun from a black horse I prefer the lighter weight of the MT. I do however fear that the material may be shredded in nanoseconds!!!

The MT has a single nylon chest fastning, I preferred the kool coat one.

Also run an ebay search , I got my MT one for about £29 on ebay

TPO

Visit site
I was just googling looking for reviews about this rug. When I was in Oz the comp horses wore cotton sheets rather than fly sheets so I was wondering about trying one.

My main concern was that it didn't keep them cooler but it's good to hear it's worked on a dark horse.

Hope Valley Saddlery, who I've always had excellent service from, have them for £29.99.

I think I'll add one to my basket just now ;)

Cloud9

Visit site
Well been using mine since Thursday now and must admit its a nice rug - my coloured cob is not too hot under it despite the heat. It looks nice and neck stays up and in place but I do have the first clip not too loose to keep it up. Does not stop the flies around the sheath but dont suppose many rugs cover that area too well.