Mark Todd Winter Riding Gloves

Steerpike

Visit site
Has anyone used these gloves, are they any good? I can only find reviews on Amazon and I don't always trust them!

PetalPower

Visit site
If it's the leather ones with the Thinsulate linings I love them. Have had a pair for years and they are still going strong. Lovely and warm, only downside is not the best for dexterity as are quite thick but I've never encountered any problems riding in them. Big thumbs up from me.:)

Enya Daniel

Visit site
My favourite winter gloves for riding are the hy hi-viz reflective gloves. They are thick and warm but not too thick to ride in. It's a bit annoying that they are hi-viz but are still really warm.

Steerpike

Visit site
If it's the leather ones with the Thinsulate linings I love them. Have had a pair for years and they are still going strong. Lovely and warm, only downside is not the best for dexterity as are quite thick but I've never encountered any problems riding in them. Big thumbs up from me.:)
Yes it was the thinsulate, leather ones I was looking at!

Reactions: TPO

phizz4

Visit site
I'm used to riding in Sealskin winter gloves and the Mark Todd gloves and don't have any dexterity issues with either. I do find the Mark Todd come up a bit small, with slim fingers.

M&M&G

Visit site
I really like them for riding when really cold, they keep out the rain to a point but not completely waterproof. They go a bit hard if saturated but loosen up. I can't bear to wear them when even slightly warm though but do buy a pair every couple of years for my go to winter riding gloves.

little_critter

Visit site
Ref crunchy leather gloves, I have a leather pair I keep for competitions and they had gone hard. I put them on and rubbed neatsfoot oil into them like I was applying hand cream (just kept adding more until they stopped soaking it up).
Voila! supple gloves again.

TPO

Visit site
I have thr MT winter ones too and rate them.

I was using them for getting hay out of the steamer so they got damp and I abandoned them at the end of steamer/stabling overnight time so they went hard. I just saddle soaped them then applied leather conditioner and they are good as new

mini_b

Visit site
I have a pair (leather/thinsulate) and I don’t wear them as I find them too thick and limit the movement I have too much. I really rate roekl (can’t spell!) gloves they are brill. I wouldn’t buy the mark Todd ones, they were a gift.

Annagain

Visit site
Ref crunchy leather gloves, I have a leather pair I keep for competitions and they had gone hard. I put them on and rubbed neatsfoot oil into them like I was applying hand cream (just kept adding more until they stopped soaking it up).
Voila! supple gloves again.

I do the same with Oz's leather conditioner. I have leather Mark Todd gloves (not the thinsulate ones) and they respond really well to this. They've got to be about 5 years old and still in great condition.

mini_b

Visit site
From reading how much everyone rates them, just goes to show how personal gloves are!! I like to try things like that on. Bit like a bra or shoes.

lannerch

Visit site
I had forgotten how much I love mine until I read this thread, mine are at least 10 years old the leather is stil soft but the straps in one around the wrist has come off, just treated myself to a new pair .

phizz4

Visit site
I did try a pair of Roeckl gloves that were quite warm, but they weren't leather, the plastic surface wore away, and they were a lot more expensive than the Mark Todd.