Market for selling lorries??

spacefaer

Visit site
I sadly might have to sell my lorry :( :(

Is there a seasonal market for lorries, or is there one all year round? Do I put it on the market soon or in the spring?

Never sold one on the open market before so am a bit lost!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Im looking to buy one and i was thinking the same about the on/off season.
Ideally to get a good price i want to buy one off season but if i wait untill the season, there will be more chice about!

Cant Win!

Out of interest what are you selling?

sychnant

Visit site
Haven't had much luck selling mine, and it's a great lorry, think I will either be keeping it or possibly advertising around March/April now. I do think it's a seasonal thing - once the shows start, people decide they want transport :)

perfect11s

Visit site
It seems to be hard work selling anything at the moment!! but after seeing some adverts sellers dont seem to help themselves, a vague description or a rambling one, poor pictures of irelivant parts of the lorry, rarely a specification ie size of horse area , living and most importanly unladen weight.. buyers can be unrealistic too ! with ideas as to what there budget will buy they have enough to buy a basic servicable box but they want lutons full living and a late year lorry for peanuts!! .

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
It seems to be hard work selling anything at the moment!! but after seeing some adverts sellers dont seem to help themselves, a vague description or a rambling one, poor pictures of irelivant parts of the lorry, rarely a specification ie size of horse area , living and most importanly unladen weight.. .

This ^ ^

Often no actual details about lorry itself - year, mileage, MOT/Plate etc, just ramblings about living or horse area........sometimes you need to guess as to even what make/model the cab chassis is!

HazyXmas

Visit site
I'm currently looking to buy a non hgv lorry & i can't believe how vague the details are on most people's adverts. It is REALLY frustrating. Surely if you want to sell something it's not too much to ask for the advert to contain the basic information such as age, make, mileage, location, dimensions & unladen weight. I've found that i often can't even get this information by calling them!
It's no wonder they don't sell.

Puppy

Visit site
I'm hoping to buy later this year and part of the reason we are waiting till Spring (at least) is down to time. Winter jobs and lack of day light (and my degree!) means I don't have the time to spend Jan/Feb/Mar driving round viewing.

Suechoccy

Visit site
A friend of mine is looking to buy a small lorry to take 2 x 16hh horses. She's in Cambridge area. As others have said, many horse lorry advert descriptions are either vague or wrong and what she's seen so far has been suitable for 2 x ponies but not 2 x 16hh.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I advertised my lorry in November and it sold last weekend. I did have ALOT of interest and several viewings but i think it took a little longer to sell due to Christmas etc.

I agreed the sale on a Thursday and they were going to collect on Sunday and in the mean time i had 3 more serious enquiries about the lorry - all asking if i could lt them know if the sale falls through.

So there are definitely people out there looking to buy :)

c7mlm

Visit site
I advertised mine just before xmas and had a bit of interest, i was then told by H & H forum friends to put it on Ebay which cost me £3 i have had 2 viewings and the 2nd person has bought it and it was only on there 5 days in total.

Escada2004

Visit site
im selling my 7.5t have a big description of it, ive got someone interested but i cant seem to find anything to replace it with so cant let mine go until i do!!