Marmite or.....

how long do you school for?

• Total voters

_daisy_

Visit site
think fly????
which to try? does anyone use Marmite to help stop the flies with their horses.
Chantin is one of those horses that just attracts the flies. Shes thin skinned and doesnt really have much hair either. This morning ive checked her over. Checked her teats and belly area and found the flies have literally eaten her skin away. Little scabs all over her.
So shes doused in fly repellent gel under her belly and armpits, fly sprayed all over her body, fly gel all over her head, bug rug and mask on. Just want to help her as much as i can. She hates been inside when the weather is so nice.

So shall i give Marmite a try? or shall i give the think fly supplement a go?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I give Otto a teaspoon of Marmite in his Breakfast everyday. Not sure if it helps as I still put Fly Spray on him, but I tell you what he loves the taste! If there is any on the side of the bowl he licks it straight off!

He's sweet itch does seem to be much better though, so I'm thinking it probably is the Marmite?!?

_daisy_

Visit site
ooh i wonder if horses are the same as humans - you either love it or hate it!!!!
she doesnt get sweet itch but i suppose theres no harm in trying it. And probably cheaper than think fly in case it doesnt work.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yeap, Otto's like his Mum and loves the stuff! It's worth a try and as you said will definitely be cheaper!

Tip: buy the new squeezey bottle; it's much easier then the pots.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Cairo had this last year - this year I have not had so much of a problem, I have revised my fly spray to include skin so soft and more dettol. He also wears a fly rug with a belly, neck and tail cover.

Last year I put a mixture of sudocream, teatree and sulphur onto his bitten areas which healed, soothed and repelled further attack.

Mixture is 3 teaspoons of sudocream, 3 teaspoons of sulphur powder and 15 drops of teatree oil mixed together well.

_daisy_

Visit site
thansk Theresa_F, will have to pop to Chemist to get some sulphur powder and tea tree oil. Shell look like a panda when ive finished with her LOL

dwi

Visit site
Daisy gets badly bitten on her belly and teats. I use homemade fly spray citronella, tea, washing up liquid and vinegar and then rub vaseline liberally over her belly while its still wet from the fly spray. It seems to pick up the qualities of the fly spray but make it last and keep it so sticky that they can't land. No bites at all since

hairycob

Visit site
Our 2 have a marmite sandwich every day & I find it keeps off mossies & bots, but not the nasty big horse flies so I use home made fly spray as well if we are riding.