Martin Clunes Islands of the Pacific

[139672]

Visit site
Apparently they’re currently filming the last episode of Doc Martin. I met him once at his Country Fair, Horse and dog show, held on his own farm in Beaminster, Dorset ?. His two Clydesdales were there too, for the heavy horse class.

Lois Lame

Visit site
Apparently they’re currently filming the last episode of Doc Martin. I met him once at his Country Fair, Horse and dog show, held on his own farm in Beaminster, Dorset ?. His two Clydesdales were there too, for the heavy horse class.

Yipee. I'm glad there's another series. I had heard there would be, then I got confused and thought I must have seen it :)eek:). (Because it seemed to take too darn long.) What a relief.

Skib

sites.google.com
It was interesting and but really, they should have edited out the bit where he really struggled to get on that rather small horse!
It surprised me but I was glad to see it. As an older and not too slim rider myself who is used to a solid concrete mounting block, it was a comfort to see that an experienced rider who had not ridden for some time and had maybe been sedentary on his trip (as we have been in Lockdown) had the same problems I might have had getting back in the saddle.
Note that he had help. And they took their time. I am infinitely grateful to the yard staff who so patiently get me on and off the horse.

palo1

Visit site
It surprised me but I was glad to see it. As an older and not too slim rider myself who is used to a solid concrete mounting block, it was a comfort to see that an experienced rider who had not ridden for some time and had maybe been sedentary on his trip (as we have been in Lockdown) had the same problems I might have had getting back in the saddle.
Note that he had help. And they took their time. I am infinitely grateful to the yard staff who so patiently get me on and off the horse.

Yes, of course :) Martin Clunes was rather big for the horse and did really struggle though - I just thought it might be better without that bit! I am not sure how experienced a rider he is either but I really don't want to nitpick something that was charming and lovely.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Yes, of course :) Martin Clunes was rather big for the horse and did really struggle though - I just thought it might be better without that bit! I am not sure how experienced a rider he is either but I really don't want to nitpick something that was charming and lovely.

He's ridden for years, but is used to a nice big horse and a saddle that suits both. I'm not huge but getting on a little horse with a huge unstable saddle on it would be a challenge for me, and he probably thought the whole lot was going to tip over, horse included :eek:

Testament to the modesty of the bloke that it wasn't edited out :D

dixie

Visit site
I thought it was amusing he couldn't get on - my OH looked at me as if to think I was about to say how rubbish he was, but in fact I said most of us in the UK get on by mounting blocks and I would also struggle to get on a horse from the ground nowadays what with my knees and age ! I used to leap all over them when I was a kid !!
I don't think he rode too far either by the looks of it.
It was a pleasant programme to watch and very interesting about the different islands - makes a change from programmes about Cornwall............