Martingale with clip girth attachment?

Dovorian

Visit site
I'm looking for a martingale which attaches to the girth with a clip as I am using a wide shaped jumping girth which has a central dee for presumably a martingale. Apart from asything else I always forget to loop the martingale thru the girth so this would be easier! Have tried Stubben but although they sell the girths no joy.

Rambo

Visit site
Does the girth not have a leather flap and billet to take the 'standard' martingale attachment !? I though the D rings on girths were generally there for the attachment of draw reins with clips
crazy.gif

Dovorian

Visit site
No, it doesn't have a flap and billet - I'm sure that you are correct about the intended use, I have used a Whitaker Bungee aid with it but it seemed logical to try it with a Martingale. I may try to get an existing altered by the saddler just as a test run!

mitchellk

Visit site
Would really avoid prestige breastplate, we used one last year, clips came undone on three seperate occasions, in different parts of the breastplate. Both matingale clips went and the girth clip went at a 2*. These were replaced and it happened again- uk rep still hasnt sorted prob out after many phone calls.
I ended up sewing and taping every clip before xc, they also have no strap over the wither and if one of these clips (onto d rings) went it really would be disaster (used to have to sew one of those too!)- just a warning!