Martingales

flyingfeet

Visit site
Its quite common on catalogues

I think most of our pictures are the same (although I try to move the rings back). They are a pain to photograph and you don't want to put rubber stops on to spoil the look.

I have been known to cheat & use a plaiting band to hold the rings in place for photos.

monica123

Visit site
nice martingale, but agree with you! even though i did ride like that once.....i had no stops but needed a martingale...i had to keep pulling it off.........but....i do agree...never doing it again!

Tempi

Visit site
id never use a martingale without stops - could cause a serious accident.......
crazy.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
"Spoil the look" What look are you going for? How not to put on a martingale? It is extremely dangerous to not were stops and they arn't put on because it spoils the look, there may be some inexperienced people who need a martingale see how it looks in the magazine and copy it! I'm sorry to say but that is rediculous.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Have to say I'm with Kirsty there.

If you are marketing any saddlery surely it behoves you to show it in photographs, correctly fitted to show how it should be worn for the nincompoops that go out and buy something that 'looks pretty' not having a clue what it is for or how to use it?
With a martingale, that obviously means showing it with stops fitted to reins and between the breast and girth strap. Would there not possibly be 'comeback' if they bought from your catalogue, fitted it incorrectly because it was shown in your catalogue that way, had an accident and tried to sue you? I know it isn't your job to teach people how to use or fit anything but surely you have a duty of care? If they had gone to a saddler for it and looked a bit clueless I'm sure the advice would have been freely given, it certainly would from mine!

If it spoils the look perhaps you'd be better off just hanging it on a hook and draping prettily.

amjac01

New User
Visit site
I love the fact that it’s an anti-pressure bridle, designed specifically to reduce poll pressure, being used with a continental gag!!!!

This is something I see quite a lot. Why bother spending all that money on an 'Elevator' style bridle and then use it with a lever-action bit?

flyingfeet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
"Spoil the look" What look are you going for?

[/ QUOTE ]

A picture that shows exactly what you get

We had complaints when someone bought a set from us and it didn't include rubber stop as per the picture.

You cannot add stops unless they are included, as its misselling

Also when you are taking pictures to sell the products you don't want to scuff the leather by putting stops on.

How people use the product is entirely up to them and common sense dictates you put stops on (or are we at the stage where manufacturers should supply instructions... for the "challenged"?????)
confused.gif
confused.gif

When people ask how to fit a De gogue or Chambon, I recommend they buy and book and quietly wonder whether they should have bought it in the first place............