Marvelous Munstead with the SuperCowPony

doratheexplorer

Visit site
********* WARNING ********** This will be an EXTREMELY gushy/I love my horse thread.... you have been warned!!

Well Sam and I pootled off to Munstead at 12 yesterday having plaited in the morning - very strange leaving so late!!

walked the SJing and XC and felt extremely sick over the SJing - lots of fillers and wiggily lines which actually required riding as opposed to clinging on :eek:

Pootled off to dressage for a short and sweet warm up. B was rather awake and we did some interesting canter transitions, but on the whole warmed up well. Went in to the arena and he was a very good boy, broke a few times in our trot 1/2 circles, and our canter to trot transitions down the hill were rather exciting, but on the whole he was good! I expected around the 35 mark.

Ended up with 30!!!!!! 8's for our first 3 movements, NEVER had more than one 8 in any dressage test!! then got a 6 and a 5 for breaking everything else was 7s!! So pround of my wonky tailed CowPony!! Judge commented "horse really tried for you." :D:D:D

Got ready for the SJing and set off, narrowly avoided the wildfowl display that was in the corner of the field :eek: only to then be attacked by the bouncy castle right next to the SJing warm up! Popped a few fences and went in. Super B sailed round for a lovely clear, I am still riding too defensively because I dont entirely trust him, but he was super, didnt really back of any of the fences and didnt chip in short ones, so big pats all round :cool:

Got him changed for XC and set off, just did the bare minimum warming up so he didnt go off the boil, he set off out the start box like a rhino - i just about managed to get his head up off the floor for the first fence and we flew over, he got a smack on his bottom after the 2nd as he started drifting to the warm up and threw in a humpity/buck and rather buggered off with me, I let him take 3 in his stride and then had to steady for 4 as 5 was on a horrid twisty line - he flew over everything even when the person in front of me had had 2 stops at 8 and were standing right next to the log into the woods he totally ignored them and popped through. Took everything in our stride and he made it feel very easy!

Although after fence 15&16 when I kicked he had nothing to answer with, so i definitely need to work on his fitness as he goes from 100% to being kicked along which isnt much fun for either of us!

Ended up with 4TPs which I am not suprised about, but was a little disappointed with - I will definitely be buying the video of my round to study with Sam and figure out how we can go faster etc!!

So finished on 34 and in 6th place!! So pleased with B - he really is a super star to me, it has been a very steep learning curve for us both, but he really excelled himself yesterday!!

Sorry for the marathon, I will post the Spidge piccys as soon as they come through!!

Here is one of Bman all ready for his travels looking very handsome;

483137_10151090396503533_80860361_n.jpg

sabel

Visit site
Well done, what a great result. I was there on Sunday too but unfortunately my day ended in disaster:(.
Is your season finished now?

doratheexplorer

Visit site
Well done, what a great result. I was there on Sunday too but unfortunately my day ended in disaster:(.
Is your season finished now?

Oh no Sabel - that sounds ominous, I hope its not too serious.

Nope we are off to Pulbrough and then that will be the end of the season! Fingers cross for an even better placing!

sabel

Visit site
Unfortunately I have only been discharged from hospital today, not really the end to the season I was hoping for:(. I will have to do a warts and all report!
Good luck at Pulborough:)

doratheexplorer

Visit site
Unfortunately I have only been discharged from hospital today, not really the end to the season I was hoping for:(. I will have to do a warts and all report!
Good luck at Pulborough:)

Poor you, that sounds all very dramatic, I hope you are feeling better now.

Spidge have sent through the photos which I have PURCHASED - so thank you to Peter from Spidge.

SJing - last fence (my face says it all!!)

PM8_8062.jpg

XC - His face says it all :D

IMG_3161.jpg

Mince Pie

Visit site
He has come on so much since you got him! I remember your early grid work which was 'interesting' - but now look at him!

Well done on your placing and good luck for Pulborough :)

Ella19

Visit site
Oh its you! I was fence judging at 13 (the big sheep feeder with brush). Photographer and I were both admiring your horse as you flew by!!