Masta Fleece Base layer

mini-eventer

Visit site
Does any one use one of these?

I am looking for something to pop under my boys turnout as despite been clipped, i sometimes struggle to get him completely dry in the limited time when riding him before work.

I don't normally like fleeces as an under rug as I find that they stretch and pull back. But I wondered if this design would stay put?

AFB

Visit site
I haven't used it but can't see how it differs much from a normal fleece. I'm also not a fan of Masta quality wise so wouldn't bother TBH.

mini-eventer

Visit site
Thanks, those were my thoughts really. I haven't used Masta for years as they always rubbed on my old horse. I thought maybe someone would reply with "no they are great" :)

Back to the drawing board then. Any ideas? short of buying a fancy Buccas rug or installing heat lamps to dry him off?

I guess it wont kill him to go out slightly damp from time to time.

madamebonnie

Visit site
I've just bought a john whitaker london rug. Its LOVELY, basically a copy of the le mieux 4 seasons. Pretty warm but nice fit around neck with silk type lining at the front so if you went with a lighter turnout it should do the job. Hopevalley saddlery/ebay have them for £40 or so.

Wicked the sweat away last night no problem on unclipped horse.

AFB

Visit site
How about a Thermatex style rug - they're not likely to slip back and designed to pull the moisture out. Although a fair bit thicker which I suppose needs consideration.

claret09

Visit site
I always use a summer sheet as a base layer. easy to wash. personally I use amigo sheets. we have tried weatherbeaters but they don't fit my boy

WelshD

Visit site
I am not a fan of fleece under rugs but I do use Snuggy Hoods body rugs a lot and rate them - they often have them on special offer

mini-eventer

Visit site
Thanks guys, i do mainly just want something wicking. I have plenty of rugs to layer up for warmth. I find thermotex a bit stretchy and I do already have some good quality thick fleeces I could try them.

I might have a look at the Snuggy Hoods.

I'm going to re clip and hopefully now it is a bit cooler he wont seat up so much

Casey76

Visit site
How about a Thermatex style rug - they're not likely to slip back and designed to pull the moisture out. Although a fair bit thicker which I suppose needs consideration.

Just don't get the Horze version. Worst rug in history for slipping back and pulling just behind the wither :roll: