Masta rug surcingles length?

TreeDog

Visit site
I bought a masta avante 100g stable rug from harry hall, my horse is 15.2hh and usually a 5'9 so this is what I bought. I tried it on and it fit reasonably well though comes up a little short depthwise, I don't mind this however the surcingles are way too short! They barely do up at the longest length. He is not a particularly fat or chunky horse and I have never had this before (other rugs he's had are shires, bucas, gallop, weatherbeeta, all have plenty of length in the surcingles).

Is this normal for masta? I'm wondering if it's possibly a manufacturing fault and I should ask for a replacement or just return it and get something else, which would be a shame because otherwise I quite liked the rug :(

TPO

Visit site
I have the opposite problem in that I have to make the surcingles as short as they will go.

I have a QH who needs a bigger rug size due to his width (big butt!) so put it down to that.

Unless your horse is very wide it might be a one off manufacturing issue. Worth dropping them and email just in case they can replace it

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I am like TPO in that I have only ever had rugs be ridiculously long on the surcingles. I have had to shorten them on, I think, a JHL turnout.

My Masta rug is just the right length.

The Rambo Optimo stable rug too long, but OKish on the shortest length.

I would write to them. Or return it having measured the surcingles and get another, having checked that the next one is longer.

EquestrianE01

Visit site
I've always found the surcingles really long on the Masta's I've had. Normally have to put them as short as they'll go.
Maybe, like another poster said, you've been unlucky and got one with an issue :confused:

TreeDog

Visit site
Thanks all, I did think it was a bit odd that they'd be so short. I'll see if I can get a replacement and hopefully it is just a faulty one :)

Reactions: TPO