Mastiff in rescue home.

BBH

Visit site
I have been keeping an eye on my local rescue centre and they have a female mastiff on there who was reserved. When I looked today she is back up for adoption so am assuming the previous adoption fell through. Years ago we rescued a St Bernard from a last chance rescue home as we felt sorry for him. He was fed only enough to keep him alive and if no home was found he was going to be PTS.

Is this still the same in this day and age does anyone know. I would hate to think she would be PTS because in the current climate she is too expensive to keep.

BBH

Visit site
Yes me too. I was reading a lady's blogg about her rescue on the Mastiff rescue pages before I saw this one and he was gorgeous. I don't really need another dog but I couldn't bear the thought that a gentle giant would lose her life at 3 through no fault of her own.

CAYLA

Visit site
It depends on the rescue, and if they have a non destruction policy, if it's the pound, then it's the usual 7-10 days, maybe ring and ask, to be honest there will be a time in some rescues where the older or hard to place dogs are pts, due to space and funding
frown.gif

competitiondiva

Visit site
Yes it all depends on the independent rescue and it's policies. The RSPCA tend to rotate their long stay dogs and cats between different shelters to give the dog another chance in another area of the country. Different dog types are rehomed easier in different areas. Town based areas rehome smaller dogs easier. More rural based ones tend to be able to rehome collie, lab worker type dogs easier etc etc.