Matrix Bitless Bridle: does anyone have one?

fuze

Visit site
I'm curious as to what you make of it, and if you have any photos of it being used? :)

I was considering trying a hackamore on my cob, who we're having bitting trouble with. I'm debating if the Matrix is worth the extra money for the adaptability?

fuze

Visit site
It does look good... I dread to think how much I've spent on bits, and we still haven't found one he's 100% happy in.

Do you usually use it on the hackamore setting? I'm guessing it would be the same kind of strength as a flower / english hackamore? We've tried a crossover bitless in the past which we both liked initially, but I think he got confused with the constant "hugging". He started fighting it and bogging off. He can be strong, so really need something with some form of brakes... but I guess with the matrix you've always got the other options if one doesn't work?

Hmm...

Ally_F

Visit site
This is the English setting apparently. I tried the crossover but I found it odd and I couldn't really get on with it (steering wasn't good either!)

There are two other 'stronger' options after this (this hacks more is one of them). What I like is that if she is being strong, I can get off and change it there and then in 2 seconds to get control back!

My girl really didn't get on with any bit, and was getting head shy and rearing (vet/dentist all looked at her), the bitless is a god send for her.