Mattes correction or Lemieux prosorb?

cornwallexracers

Visit site
My ex-racer is a nightmare to fit a saddle to, however, we have it sorted (by a master saddler) who has said the only way we can get a saddle to clear his wither is to use a rear riser prolite to lift the saddle up and keep it level (everything is downhill behind his huuuge wither!!)

This is great, and he's happy with it, but I can't stop the prolite slipping back, its not so bad in the school, but out hacking, going up and down hills is a particular problem as there is nothing holding the prolite to the saddle as you would with a numnah.

I have been looking at the Mattes correction system numnah or the Lemieux prosorb system, as both mean I can have the riser but with the benefit of it also being an all in one numnah, so in theory it should be more stable.

Thing is the mattes is about twice the price of the lemieux, so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has either of these and what they think, good or bad, before I go and buy one.

Thanks in advance!

Kerryleigh

Visit site
Whilst I can't offer you any advice on the Lemieux numnah, I can say that I bought a Mattes 2 point correction numnah to temporarily correct my old saddle whilst waiting for my new one to be made. It is amazing quality so feels like it would last forever if it is well treated and washed with the correct stuff.

I always think that it is best to buy the best quality equipment I can afford as it will always do the job better and last longer so is better value in the long run.

However, that theory doesnt always work out as I now have a totally useless numnah that I bought for £160 and that I ony used 5 times as I got my new saddle quicker than I expected!
blush.gif
Sensible decision then.....I don't really sound like to sort of person you should take advice from!