Matthew Heath & Matthew Wright suspended by BE, for 6 & 24 weeks respectively

Thistle

Visit site
Well if you do bad things then you must expect to be punished.

I have known of a few complaints lodged against one of these over the years that haven't been acted upon. Perhaps this time someone has got tough.

Bet the decision wasn't taken lightly.

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk

ihatework

Visit site
I'm really pleased to see that BE have taken some pretty visible action on this.
It will hit MW pretty hard and I suspect he will loose horses over it.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Keep in mind that it follows a criminal conviction and took place at (or at least connected to) a BE competition. So put BE in a good position to make a statement.

As above, if you do bad things. .

Nicnac

Visit site
Ouch but fair.

I don't think this can compare with the RW situation with BS as charges were dropped and it didn't go beyond the venue i.e. no criminal conviction so actually a suspended sentence was fair.

glamourpuss

Visit site
So they both assaulted someone a Houghton horse trials & have been convicted, is this right. Does anyone want to expand on the assault (purely because I'm a grade 1 nosey bonk ;) )

IMO BE have done totally the right thing. I shouldn't worry about either of their careers, I'm sure they've already found suitable jockeys to compete the horses which will keep owners happy

TarrSteps

Visit site
I'm surprised EI is not upholding a FN suspension. I am fairly sure you can't compete under FEI rules while suspended by your FN.t

ElleJS

Visit site
You would think so wouldnt you TS, i would have thought you would have to have your NF approval if you ride in another country. Not sure though. Not sure why the FEI didnt get involved seeing as Houghton was a international.
god knows what he's doing over there he may not be eventing, perhaps showjumping or racing!

christine48

Visit site
Justice has been done at last. It took long enough considering this happened last May. MW's owners may be looking for new riders as he'll be out almost the whole season.

TarrSteps

Visit site
I know if you get suspended in Canada you can't just pop across the border and vice versa but there have been cases of people relocating and just doing unaffiliated comps to run out their ban.

I guess the FEI doesn't really have to get involved as the FN ban covers FEI, too.

BronsonNutter

Visit site
And here we all were thinking OS must have dropped the charges or something, with it being such a long time coming!

MW was still on this side of the water last I heard btw. I imagine his WP will be eventing his horses for him whilst he's suspended (unless he's been suspended from even spectating at events?)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Just asked someone who knows a lot more than me (not hard !) and they said he can't as BE need to endorse international entries. I'm assuming he's going to the Republic ?

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
Sorry but I'm not sad to see the 24 weeks this guy is a total pratt who made a bad situation I was in even worse and cost me a lot of money stringing me along just to get the cash in. There is nothing like Karma to cheer you up:D