Mattingley IN report plus photos / vids, mixed day

Saf

community.webshots.com
Evening

Walked the XC on thur and was a bit
shocked.gif
seemed big and technical and a good step up a level
shocked.gif
There were loads of black flags but went home scratching my head esp about the corners and the ducks and for once the coffin was lower on my worry list and the trakener looked like a let up fence
tongue.gif

Well we were the last section of the day, running IN but using the new FEI 1*B test, hate the test as it has all the things Saf hates eg loads and loads of counter canter
tongue.gif

Warmed up and she was rigid in the jaw, prob not helped as have been using the grackle and was not sure if I could for the FEI test so changed everything today
blush.gif

Med in the warm up

Went in and Saf took the pee spooking at the flowers either side of A
mad.gif
so at the top made it very hard for the leg yield to X

Won't bore you with it all but we broke on the second counter canter and corrected followed by a lovely flying change
wink.gif

Final halt looking at judge at B
smile.gif

So the result was 38.? and 22 marks difference between the two judges, at least it was a change to practice a 1* test
smile.gif

Right SJ, have come home wondering what went wrong? warmed up like a pro and even if I do say so my self did not miss a fence so why did it go wrong in the ring?
Had no 1 down not a good start

Related to 2, round the corner oxer to upright then left to the double at 5 and STOP
shocked.gif
now I take full responsibilty was not on a good stride and think I took my leg off, circled while they rebuilt came and popped fine
smile.gif
onto the related and left to the triple bar did not get the best shot and had this down, another related and then the treble
Vid
http://pets.webshots.com/video/3012854100063563553TbKtiB?vhost=pets

Result 12 faults and surprisingly no time
crazy.gif

Got to meet Jules, hello and fab to finally say hi
smile.gif

Onto the XC and as above thought it a good quality novice and decided on all direct routes except for the ducks

Fence 1
http://pets.webshots.com/video/3034263110063563553mEqOLe?vhost=pets

2,3 called Get of my nuts
grin.gif
,4 came up fairly quickly and 5 and 6 were angled houses, fence 7 was an odd crossed affair, got the pro pic

Still jumping fab so went the direct route into the first water, big table, splash to skinny
grin.gif

Onto the corners and was so worried about my line think I nearly brushed the wishing well in the middle of the curving line
blush.gif

Next was my dredded fence coffin
crazy.gif
but had decided to go direct as its about time I got on with it
wink.gif

From the other side

Came into it and could feel her grinding to a far to coffin canter and really did think Saf was going to stop, everything seemed slow motion and remembered what Dickie had said about shoulders back ride with my legs and Saf popped it, sticky but over, huge whoops and pats
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Onto the second water, jumped this one stride off step then left out over the double second part skinny

More pats for Saf
grin.gif
churn fence then the ducks she was going so well thought about going direct but stuck to my plan shouting all the way in to the first element not presenting, popped the alt B then onto the let up trakener
wink.gif
wall then the last two
Vid
http://pets.webshots.com/video/3056470110063563553XaPlov?vhost=pets

So result home clear better time for me but still slow and one very happy mummy, not the best result on paper 27th but who cares, got the chance to try harder test and SJ and come home to tell the tale, to get over the coffin for me was an achievement, Saf was brill I just need to iron out the SJ issues from today

Course pics on my web shots

CC welcome and thanks for reading this epic report, god I can go on
blush.gif

A HUGE thanks to Elles for keeping me calm and helping today
cool.gif

CleverHorses

Visit site
Well done especially for going straight at the coffin I took the long route there as thought it was a bit too tasty for me and my chap.

TableDancer

Visit site
Very well done - we know Saf is more than capable of the dressage and SJ, and the XC there is very demanding so well done for nailing it
smile.gif
Int next
wink.gif
smile.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
Thank you everyone, Saf is fine today rather fresh infact and does not even look like she has had a run
grin.gif

Still feeling on a high and still aiming for the Int at Aston unless I find one before
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Excellent achievement with the coffin, its really spooky there coming off a turn and down hill.
Looks even more beefed up there than usual. Love mattingley one of the best events in the callendar.