Mattingley - Roll call and Ground conditions

Jul

Visit site
It's all been very quiet re Little Mattingley this weekend!
I will (hopefully) be there both Sat and Sun - is anyone else going?

Does anyone local have any clue as to what the going might be like, I am really really hoping it will be ok as one of mine hasn't had a run for yonks! (had to W/D from her last one)

Rana

Visit site
Fence judging on Sat, helping in XC start on Sun :)

We're not a million miles away from there (ok, we're about 6 miles away lol). We have had some rain recently and the grass is definitely greener. The ground in our fields (untreated) has improved and there is a bit of give in it. Hopefully it should be ok, don't think they run across their grazing land there so should at least be smooth even if it is a bit hard.

Rana

Visit site
Yep, another busy weekend! I didn't really think it through tbh, as it's the weekend my horse has to stay in and be wormed. Contemplating putting her on full livery for the weekend lol.

Thanks Jul, it does make it worthwhile when people say thank you :) If you see us when you walk the course, stop and say hello - big blue 4x4 (if it doesn't break between now and the weekend...) and a small JRx pup who is becoming quite famous as the fence judging puppy!

Thistle

Visit site
I look forward to meeting you on Sat, Rana. We shall look out for the pup when walking the course. Good to know the ground has improved a bit. The message on BDWP sounds positive too.

I shall try to get daughter to wave at you when she jumps your fence!

Rana

Visit site
Yay! Do pop over so I know who you are and what your daughters number is so I can keep my eye out :)

Poppy will be very happy to meet new people and will probably chew someone's fingers off by the end of the day *sigh* She's black and tan, and will be wearing her black and reflective yellow harness - can't miss her. Oh, and she'll probably be attached to an electric fence post to stop her wandering off. Or asleep in OH's arms depending on how tired she is and how many bacon rolls she managed to steal at the briefing lol.

Jul

Visit site
I will be walking the course on Friday Rana, so will look out for you in XC start on Sunday (although I may be a little preoccupied......!)
Thistle what sort of times are you on Sat? I will be there mid-late morning.

Thistle

Visit site
B is doing the BE100 and has asked for late times as it's her birthday the day before and we are out in London. Will still be an early start though as 2 hour journey plus time to walk the course etc!

AandK

Visit site
i was thinking of doing a roll call thread too!

i'll be there all 3 days. Friday i am writing for a section of dressage, Saturday i'm stewarding 2 dressage sections (one of the BE80 sections and the day before BE90 section going on start times..) and then will be there with my lovely grey boy to do the BE90 on Sunday! :)

we haven't had a great deal of rain round here recently but Mattingley has good grass cover and according to bdwp they will aerovate all the arenas and courses so fingers crossed!

BID

Visit site
I am there doing the BE100 on Saturday, early start for me so gonna walk the course Friday, good luck everyone ;)

HannahHDEventing

Visit site
I'm there on Saturday riding a very wobbly baby who will probably gawp and balloon over every jump on the XC. Look out for us, we won't be missed! It's his first one day event ever, so I think it will be quite an experience for him! I'm so excited, I love Mattingly.

Jul

Visit site
Thistle - I don't know who I'm looking for, but you might remember me from when you saw us at Keysoe (same horse). Please say hello if you do :)

AandK - Wow, you're busy this weekend! Thanks to you too, although I won't see you as you're not stewarding/writing in any of my classes.

BID - same here, might see you on Friday walking the course. I will have 2 dogs in tow, one white one black, say hello if you see me :)

Hannah - Good luck, I will look out for you.

Looking forward to it, Mattingley is lovely and this is the last one, so I am really hoping the ground is good enough to run.

pearcider

Visit site
We are there on sat 5 horses, 4 riders. 3 riders are very new (or first event) to eventing and 2 horses are real babies (1 never been out!)...all doing the lovely 80t

so look out for a few wobbly horses and a lorry with lots of Pimms!!!

Good luck to all

smac

Visit site
Im running on Friday morning hopefully will get the best of the ground!! and helping on Sunday

Good luck to all those competing and thanks to all those helping

gem2buc

Visit site
I'm there Friday too. For my sins I've entered the 5yo class as a good chance to compete against others his age - however it looks like a very classy field and our first BE100 - eeek!

fabscd

Visit site
I'm there Saturday and sunday, BE90 Sec M so doing saturday dressage early afternoon, sunday sj/xc at stupid o clock in the morning! I'll be the black and yellow bumble bee riding my big grey girlie

Good luck to everyone who is going!

aregona

Visit site
im there!!! maybe with 2 but probably 1, (chestnut is not feeling his best)!!! i am number 503 and 563 in the BE80, 503 is a chestnut (if he goes) usually prefers to face the wrong way xc :eek: hence a BE 80 and 563 is a 17.2hh grey, he is on late, starting at 4pm. please peps come and say hello if you see me, i will be going alone so would love to say hi.

good luck every one and thanks to all you great ppl voluntering!!!!

chocs and wine too all in advance :)

Jul

Visit site
Sorry to hear that Aregona. I will look out for a giant grey then, although I suspect we may be gone before you arrive! I'll be on a grey too, the one with big ears :D

aregona

Visit site
Big ears hay?
Stupid horses, my third withdrawal this year, each of my bags are taking it in,turn! Oh well that's horses. Hope to see you guys there x

Rana

Visit site
We'll still be there but for anyone looking out for us, we may be in a scruffy white van (complete with ladders!) or a big blue 4x4. Depends if we can get it running again by tomorrow. Fingers crossed please, otherwise it'll be an uncomfortable day!!

smac

Visit site
Just got home after long day, and have to say ground was good today very impressed with the effort they must have made!! Enjoy to those who are there next couple days!