Maverick Clippers

Caritas

Visit site
If you have the battery operated ones can you please tell me all the good and bad news about them please?? Also, how long do they take to charge, do they stay cool and how long does the battery last? Many thanks

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
I always leave them on charge for a good few hours. Battery pack has never run out on me and I suppose the longest I've run it is about an hour. Only complaint I have is if you even get a hair jammed in the blade they totally stop cutting! You can soon get it sorted by stripping blades down but a bit of a pain. Don't seem to heat up overly.

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
An overnight charge will give you a running time of approx 1'1/2 hours.

I've been using a set of mavericks with the mains adapter and I think they are really very good.

I've done a writeup on them in the clipper section om my website

sorona

Visit site
I have the battery belt ones and they can clip for up to 3 hours apparently. I have manged to hunter clip both my boys with one charge so they are pretty good. Yes, they do stick now and again and need the blades cleaning but as there are no tensioning to be done, it isnt too much bother. Lots of people have borrowed my clippers and really like them as they are lighter than most battery clippers and easier to hold. I havent noticed them heating up too much but do stop regularly to clean and oil them.

Caritas

Visit site
That is sooo kind of you, thankyou sooo much but I am a little while away from you, Bristol!! What a kind offer. Do you all mind me asking what other clippers you have used in the past and what you thought of them, thanks for all replies guys, you dont think ill be disappointed after always using Lister before??

sorona

Visit site
My friend who borrowed my clippers had worked at a hunt yards in the past had used various makes of clippers, battery and mains and had used Lister and she preferred the ergonomic design of the Maverick and said that her hand didnt hurt as much and they werent as heavy and were easier to use and were quieter. I hadnt used clippers before and was very undecided which to buy as i really liked the sound of the Maverick but didnt know another single person who had them or had tried them so i bit the bullet and bought them anyway as they had a good write up and I am glad I did. I think more people would buy them if they were able to try them out beforehand and see how good they are.